Beginner here

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Rusty2867, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Rusty2867

Rusty2867 Supporting Member

Hi my name is Todd and I am a 46yr old beginner with no music experience at all.So far I have acquired a Dean Edge 10APJ and a Ibenez Sr400,both bought used.My first question is I am in I am in need of headphones to plug into my amp so as not to drive my wife nuts playing the same thing over and over! I got a cheap pair of Sennehausers but they are not cutting it,looking into something in the $100 dollar range which is more than I paid for either bass and both amps! Thanks for any suggestions
  2. Rusty2867

Rusty2867 Supporting Member

I saw those,but I am playing along with a cd my teacher gave me,running stereo through amp.How does the Vox work? I have only had 2 lessons so I pretty much suck at this point!
  3. MalcolmAmos

MalcolmAmos Supporting Member

I have a VOX and like it for playing anywhere I want to, out on the back patio, under the trees, etc. but it does not compare to earphones.

I've tried several kinds of ear buds and have settled on a one ear earphone. Problem with ear buds is the weight of the cable pulling on them - sitting with a clip helps. There is still some pull with an earphone, but, not as much. I leave it at church so can not give you a model number but, it was in the $50 range, so your $100 should do what you want.

Good luck.
  4. Jim2100

Jim2100 Supporting Member

5. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Any of the products at the $100 +\- point work well and are comfortable. The Senns are very accurate, some others emphasize bass more. Decide if you want total isolation or want to hear your wife when she praises how quiet you are - if so you want open-back. If you expect to use them a lot, look for a comfortable head-band and replaceable ear covers. Also, pay attention to the cord. Many have combo 1/8-1/4" plugs, which is good for multiple uses. A long cord is nice, and coil cords have their fans. I'm one. Good luck with your endeavor!
  6. Kaarenonstad

Kaarenonstad

Hi. The amplug has an aux in (mini Jack) that will take input from Your cd or mp3. Also has aux volume, so it's very practical for learning. Can Even be used as a preamp/compressor into Your main amp. Fun if you don't have a powerful/active bass.