Behringer 300CC Chorus Space-C

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ilovenofrets, Feb 18, 2014.

Behringer 300CC Space Chorus C

1. Take it

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Leave it

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  3. Suck it up, save the money and wait for a Boss Dimension C

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ilovenofrets

ilovenofrets

Media:
    Before anything is said, I know-"Eewwww, it's Behringer"!. Anyway, I have wanted a Boss Dimension C for a long time. I just never have the funds when one comes up for sale. Pedals are just as important to me as my basses, amp, cabinets, etc. I prefer to not chintz out on quality. That said, Behringer seems to have been doing a somewhat respectable job cloning Boss's pedals. So I was pleasantly surprised to see the 300 CC Space Chorus C. The big concern is the all plastic contruction. But there are plenty of Ibanez Soundtank pedals out there that still function well. And at the price of just under 40 bucks, how can I not be inclined to go for it? Found a Youtube demo A/Bing the Boss and the Behringer. With eyes closed, I was hard pressed to discern any difference. Amazon reviews gave it no less than 4 out of 5 stars. Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with it, and your thoughts on it.

2. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    All I can say, that if you are going to have to hold out on the Boss for some time yet, and you can get a great deal on the Behringer, grab the Behringer. There aint nothin wrong with Behringer pedals IMO. They make pretty dang good pedals for the price. Yeah, their plastic, but again, IMO, they are pretty solid and as long as you're not seriously stomping on them, you will be fine. I have a trem by them that functions wonderfully and has withstood many a shows and practices like a champ. And they sound great. I too am an effects hound, big time, so this is coming from a guy who takes serious pride in his pedal board. And I'm not ashamed to have people see a Behringer on there at some points.

May I also suggest that if you are on a budget, check out the Joyo line. Now you want to talk about value in a pedal?! IMO, Behringer is in trouble. So is boss. And a few other makers. Joyo makes really good stuff for the price. Check em' out.

3. DannyBob

DannyBob

Eewwww, it's Behringer!

But seriously, I would wait unless you are desperate for one now. I would rather have Boss over Behringer any day, and the only reason that I own Behringer products is because I couldn't be bothered to wait and save up ;)

4. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Pretty sure you can get the Dimension C effect in some of the older Boss multi-effect units. Those aren't as cheap as the Behringer but they're great values.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. KablesP

KablesP

7. ilovenofrets

ilovenofrets

Media:
    I've heard/read a lot of good things about Joyo pedals. I'm not necessarily on a budget per se, I just don't have the means right now to cough up the $200+ price tag that the Boss Dimension C commands. While I don't use anything boutique, I do use industry standard brands on my board-Boss, Digitech, EHX, MXR, EBS, and Korg. If the Behringer will get me that sound while I work on getting the real deal, I certainly have no shame in putting it on my board. My real concerns were the construction and retaining my signal/sound.

8. ilovenofrets

ilovenofrets

Media:
    The Dimension model in the GT-6B was what made me want one so bad. I really don't want to buy a multi right now, as I have gone the route of individual pedals. I can say though that even units like the ME-8B were excellent multi's, and if I had to go back to such a unit, that or the GT-6B would be on my list.

9. KablesP

KablesP

10. ilovenofrets

ilovenofrets

Media:
    Yep, me too. It really is just a matter of wanting this particular chorus very badly. Believe me, when my chance does come up to get the Boss, I'll be on it like flies on s**t!

11. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:

I'm very confident you'll be fine in the time you have and use it as far as construction goes. I've had my trem for about a year now and it's been used quite extensively. Not even a scratch on it. And I got my trem for $20. Hard to beat that. Plus, it sounds great and it really quite versatile. The volume drop is my only complaint. But that happens with a lot of trems

12. K2000

K2000

Get the Behringer to see if it really does what you expect, and answers your needs. Then if you like it, and are gigging it, keep an eye open for a Boss. Or have a spare Behringer on hand.