1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Behringer BDI21 advice?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RZ25, Dec 15, 2013.

1. RZ25

RZ25

So I'm relatively new to bass (and to the forum - have read FAQ etc so hope I didn't miss anything and this post is allowed) and therefore new to bass pedals.

Bought a Behringer BDI21 - just went to use it for first time - doesn't seem to work. 9V battery in, bass into input, output to amp... nothing.

What am I doing wrong?! Or has anyone else had this problem and there's actually something wrong with the one they've sent me?

:help:

Thank you...

2. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Welcome! This post is fine and in the right place, though the number of folks around here with that pedal is low. Does the power light come on when you click the pedal footswitch? Do you get any sound with it off? Do both cables work if you plug straight into the amp with each one? Have you tried a different battery?

3. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Possible dud cable also.

The id10T checklist: bass turned up, pedal input gain turned up, pedal output level turned up, amp turned on, amp turned up.