1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Behringer BEQ700 Bass EQ ???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Woodguest, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Woodguest

Woodguest

I would like to ask, what is your opinion for Behringer BEQ700 Bass Graphic EQ?? It's really cheap, but I think it might not be so bad...or am I wrong ?[​IMG]
  2. jking138

jking138

I had one and it did the job, not too noisy, cheap and fairly solid to say its plastic. Theres a lot of hate for Behringer but all their pedals I've owned have worked fine and never had a problem, think the QC is a little hit and miss though. My only gripe would be that I would change the frequency on some of the sliders, something more like, 40hz, 100hz, 250hz, 400hz, 800hz, 1.5khz and 5khz. May be as a result it doesn't sound as solid as some and as its not the most transparent it can colour/muffle the sound a little.
  3. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Frequency selection is a personal choice. The Behringer has the same selection as the Boss GEB-7 which has been proved to be quite useful to the average gigging bassist (a 120hz boost frequently helps, and the 400hz can help clean up mid range honk). However, as jking says, they aren't to everyone's taste - there's a huge gap between 120hz and 400hz - the mud range!. However, being so much cheaper than the Boss it is modelled after, you haven't got a lot to lose.

My only other gripe though is the sliders aren't quite as stiff as the Boss, so they have a tendency to move when packed in a gig bag. They also do not have a centre indent, so it can be tricky centring them to exact '0'. A better option in this price range with the same frequency selction as the this, but with better slider action and centre indents is the Chord Bass EQ. It's also metal as opposed to the plastic bodied Behringer
    Chord BEQ-50 Bass Graphic EQ Pedal

Another pedal you may be interested in is the Artec Bass EQ and tuner. This has a different selection of frequencies that are evenly spread apart, and has a 200hz slider that can clean up mud.
    http://artecsound.com/effect/se-beq.htm
  4. Woodguest

Woodguest

Thanks...I don't want spend lot of money to pedal. This EQ is cheap, so I just want to ask you. I don't have any experiences about pedal effect. ;)
  5. jking138

jking138

Like ga_edwards said it comes down to personal choice but I quite liked mine and the Boss its modeled on is pretty standard. I thinks its worth the price tag but I was eyeing up the Artec as well, 2 pedals in one, very useful and is all the effects some bassists use. Although a compressor and drive are very popular as well.