1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Behringer bod400 and dunlop crybaby bass wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Pitsaras, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Pitsaras

Pitsaras

I have the Behringer bod400 overdrive pedal and i will soon buy a dunlop crybaby bass wah. I am cuurently using the overdrive with a 9v battery. Once i buy the wah i want to use power supplies for both my pedals. Can i use a single power supply for these two specific pedals? If so how can i connect the two pedals with each other?

I am new to the world of effects and pedals.
    Thank you in advance

2. vbchaos

vbchaos

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    Get a propper 9vDC power supply without hum. Do not buy a cheap one!!! You can connect both pedals two it using a so-callled daisy-chain cable.
    Note: each pedal has a maximum current that is mentioned on the pedal somewhere. Also, the supply has a max current it can deliver.all pedals attached to the supply must not have higher combined current than the supply can deliver!

3. Vandy

Vandy Banned

Yes . . .
    Try a One-Spot set-up - there are versions that have various amounts of "plugs".

http://visualsound.net/1-spot-power-supply/

4. Pitsaras

Pitsaras

I am buying the bass wah from a friend and i will see the max current. Unfortunately on the behringer overdrive there are no indications of current so i will try and find it on the net. On an average base can a 9v/500mah power supply handle two pedals? I mean are there great chances that i'll have a problem? Also the daisy chain cable is a multiple cable, i will just connent the two and let the others hang out until i get more pedals?

Thank you for your help

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

500mah should cope without a doubt. The 105q bass wah is only about 30mah and the behringer will only be a couple mah or around 10 at the most!

7. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Also your safer taping up the other power connectors until they are used as they can sometimes spark with metal surfaces boss pedals usually spark if a power connector touches the faceplate. Just a precaution! Electrical tape would do

8. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Alsoooooo visual audios one spot is a steal and it's really great I run 6 pedals with it! And have powered 12 at one point!!

9. Pitsaras

Pitsaras

The one spot thing sounds cool but i think the power supply that comes with the bass wah will be ok for the time being. I didn't get that with the tape thing matt....

10. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

I got it by surprise once haha so it just left me cautious about it

11. Pitsaras

Pitsaras

12. Mattbass97

Mattbass97