1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

behringer bx 4210A

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by xxfaux_punkxx, Dec 28, 2012.

1. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Looking at getting a powerful amp before jumping back into the mix, and I came across a used behringer BX 4210A for about 225$.

The 450w, 2x10's, and tweeter caught my eye but the reviews say that the speakers are prone to blow and thats got me nervous. Something to do with cross wiring. Its been suggesed in reviews (and I've already been wanting a similar rig) to buy a 1x15 cab to go along with it and that will prevent speaker damage.

So my question to the gurus is

At the price is the amp truly worth it?
  2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

IMHO and IME no amp/cab with the behringer name plate is worth the price.
  3. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

After more searching I came up with a top 3. All used and in the same price range.

Behringer BX4210A - 225$ - 450w, 2x10, combo

Eden D210T - 200$ - 250W, 2x10, combo

Acoustic B200 - 180$ - 200w, 1x15, combo

I've also noticed some harke and gk combos that were around 120 -150w with a 1x15 cab that I'm considering. But I want some solid feedback before making a final decision. Really wanting a 2x10. The acoustic is only a contender because I used to own a B100.

Any and all feedback is apreciated
  4. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

I think that eden is actually just the cab? no amp.

Personally I would check out those GK combo's.
  5. Lee Bruton

Lee Bruton Guest

Behringer = Total crap!!
  6. electracoyote

electracoyote

Behringer has serious QC issues. After rolling the dice on many of their products over the years (who can resist at those prices?), I have found that if you get something that was made on a good day, it's rock solid and lasts forever. If you get something made on a bad day, you will know very shortly.

If it's used, has been put to the test and survived, that is a good sign.
  7. pflash4001

pflash4001

Stay away from Berhinger. They're noisy, sound bad, unreliable, noisy, oh, and unreliable.
  8. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

I think you're right on the Eden.

New list. I tend to be antsy when shopping for gear since its rare I have the scratch to buy strings let alone large purchses so please be forgiving. All advice is appreciated greatly.

Peavey TNT 115s - 1x15 - 150 w
    Fender BXR 200 - 1x15 - 200w
    Ashtown EB12 - 1x12 - 180w
    Kustom KB200 - 1x15 - 200w
    Line 6 LD175 - 1x15 - 175w

All apear to be in my price range. What ever I get is just temporary until I can afford something better down the line and when I better understand amps in general, but it still needs to hold up in the mix.

I know wattage is related to output, but not the whole source so thats why I'm trying to be diverse. The tone I'm aiming for is Dirty, punchy, and angry.

again thank you for the advice.
  9. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Went with the Peavey TNT 115S. Total after taxes and shipping 195$. Should be here in the next few days. Biggest worry is that its been referred to as a practice amp in some reviews.

Thanks for all the help guys.

/thread
  10. IPYF

IPYF

Peavey make good amps. It should sound quite handsome. Curious though that the first sentence of this thread was 'Looking at getting a powerful amp before jumping back into the mix'.

I hope the Peavey will be powerful enough to meet your objective.