1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Behringer BX4500H Settings

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by bordinco90, Jan 15, 2014.

1. bordinco90

bordinco90

Hello Everyone... I was wondering if anybody had some suggested tone/sound settings for the Behringer BX4500H bass head. I have this head paired with a Peavey Headliner 1x15 8ohm bass cabinet. Just wanted to know what settings you guy might use for this head. Hope I get a lot of setting suggestions because I can't wait to experiment!!!:hyper: Thanks...

2. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

GAIN - 11:00 - 12:00
    Ultrabass - OFF
    DEEP - OFF
    BASS - 1:00
    Low Mid - 2:00
    MID - 12:00
    High Mid - 11:00
    Treble - 10:00
    Bright - OFF
    Shape - on for "heavy" sounds, off for others. Adjust knob to taste.
    OUTPUT (master) volume, usually around 11:00 - 12:00.

3. bordinco90

bordinco90

Ok good deal... can't wait for more suggestions! Thanks

4. bordinco90

bordinco90

What bass do you use? Does it make a real heavy sound?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

By "heavy", I meant heavier style rock music where I was going for more of a metal or cutting sound. For a more natural sound, SHAPE off.

DEEP goes a bit too low for me and can cause speakers to fart or even shread. Be careful and watch the volume and BASS knob if you use it. Experiment with all those effect buttons with the volume kind of low, then very gradually turn the volume up.

GAIN is a pre-amp adjustment for extra harmonic content which affects your volume but the OUTPUT knob is the MASTER, where you deliver power to your speakers. For cleaner sound, adjust OUTPUT up and GAIN down.

Ultrabass is an octaver which only tracks clean on higher notes, like C and up. Low E produces some funky, possible harmful effects if your volume is high. That's why I just leave all those effects off, except for SHAPE, which is really like a mid-scoop knob similar to other amps. I love the SHAPE for some songs though because it produces a certain tone I cannot achieve with other more expensive amps. It's unique.

I've played a Peavey P/J bass and a MM Sterling bass through it, both 4 strings.

7. bordinco90

bordinco90

Ok cool. Yeah I tried the settings that you gave me and it sounds nice. :D But for my ear the settings that I like to use is as follows:

Gain: 9 O'clock (to the 8ohm speaker from farting)
    Ultrabass: OFF
    Bass: 11-12 O'clock
    Deep: OFF
    Lo-Mid: 11-12 O'clock
    Mid: 12-1 O'clock
    Hi-Mid: 1 O'clock
    Treble: 1 O'clock
    Bright: ON
    Shape: ON 12 O'clock
    Volume: 10-12 O'clock

The volume is about as much as my cab can handle (about 1/2 volume) being 8ohms. I plan on buying another 8ohm cab to go with it. The head with the cab is really bassy so that is why I have to bass turned down a little bit. But with that being said with the one Peavey Headliner 1x15, it is so loud!!! It rattles my entire house!