Behringer BXD3000H 300@4 ohms/$180 new retail

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by carl h., Dec 21, 2012.

1. carl h.

carl h.

Looks like a new budget micro out there.

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-BEH-BXD3000H-LIST

Seems pretty inexpensive and maybe underpowered for much, but has anybody tried out one of these? The 2nd Bass in my band has one on order :)rollno: listened to the guitar player who sells them... :scowl: and I don't think he will be happy with it once it arrives.)

I'm using a PF500 into a 410HLF for a pair of 5 string beadg basses and he plays 4 string. No idea what he ordered for a cab (I fear he may be building one from some PA speakers the guitar player sold him too :help: ).
  2. carl h.

carl h.

Saw this for the first and last time tonight. Thing buzzed like mad from the line out.

(And the speakers also buzzed like mad, or so I hear.)
  3. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

Behringer Typically uses peak short burst values to state their output wattage... That would put this amps true output at about 100 WRMS if your budy is lucky. Just sayin. :)
  4. dincz

dincz

They give both peak and RMS figures for their power amps - if only they would do the same for their MI amps. I guess they think PA users have a clue and musicians don't. For their power amps, the stated RMS power is around 2/3 of peak, so it could be good for 200 real watts.

I'd be more worried about the input impedance for the instrument input - 240 ohms! It's the same figure in the quick-start guide but it must be a typo. 240 ohms would suck the life out of a passive pickup.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dincz

dincz

Patience grasshopper. If you use the line-out to connect to other equipment, a hum loop can result if they're connected to different power outlets, if there's an earthing problem, or any number of other possible causes. Could be faulty equipment or faulty mains wiring. Let's jump to conclusions later on the basis of one example of hearsay.
  7. carl h.

carl h.

Everything (7 guitar rigs) else plugged into the same AC snake (same as the PA and mixer) was dead quiet. I loaned him a spare rig I had along and it was also dead quiet plugged into the same AC circuit and using the same xlr into the same channel into the board.

I purposely plugged my rig into a different AC circuit and all my rig - svp pro/epq900, Hammond, Roland - were also dead quiet!

Our band has well over 100 years worth of gigging experience ranging from bar bands to concerthall sound tech to arena gigs. The piece of crap isn't coming to a gig again.
  8. jamestown94west

jamestown94west

I have the combo version of this amp to use for home practice. It sounds decent, and a couple times I've had to use it at band rehearsal, where it was plenty loud. I don't know that id ever want to use it as my main rehearsal/gig amp for a rock band, but for quieter stuff it'd be just fine.
  9. seamonkey

seamonkey

These have been out for a couple of years.
    Note they are not Bugera
    They fit in racks, and are light. The compressor isn't bad. Ultrabass is a cool effect at times. Cheap enough and light enough for a backup head in a rack. Not 2 ohm stable. 3 year warranty.
  10. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    HPF Technology: Protecting the Pocket since 2007
    I would go further and say that Behringer / Bugera claim nothing about the basis of their power ratings. You can decide if the amp is powerful enough for your use by buying one and giving it a try.

Credit to the B's for finally getting into the switchmode bass amp business. This looks like a recycled preamp from an earlier Class-AB product.

With that said, there's been an awful lot of shucking and jiving in the amp industry, since Bass Gear Magazine and a few brave hobbyists started reporting output power measurements.