Behringer Cab Dillema - Help Needed Pease

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Bollocks77, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Bollocks77

Bollocks77

Hi all, I am in somewhat of a dilemma. Here Goes: I have a Behringer BX4410 Bass Combo which is OK I suppose. I am building up a better rig slowly and when I have funds and I have just got a Peavey Tour 700 which I like. I am wanting to have this as a spare along with my BX4410 until I can sell the berhinger and nuy another better head and cab. Basically on the back of the behringer it has two input/outputs for speakers in which there is two jacks connected already from the cab. I want to be able to modify the cab in a way as to be able to if needed plug my 700 into it vis speakon to whatever. 0 I am confused as to how to do this as it states on the back of the unit (pic shown) parallel speakers - I dont get why both jacks are plugged in and also would I have to modify the cab into two female inputs or 1? I know this may sound very confusing but I hope someone can point me in the right direction also with what parts I need to buy. At the moment I have no option but to keep the unit till I get more funds. Hope someone can help me out. Thanks in advance of any help at all. Dave
    [​IMG]
  2. Justice

Justice

Disclosures:
    The bass rescuer...
    the amp is spec'd to power one 4ohm speaker or two 8ohm speakers. Each of the 1/4" outputs you see are powering two of the internal speakers.

Your Tour700 should have the speakon-1/4" combo output jacks on it. So you use it with the cab section of your combo, you would unplug the two speaker cables from the back of the Behringer amp and (if the leads are long enough) simply plug them into the outputs on the back of your Peavey.
  3. Bollocks77

Bollocks77

Justice, Thank you for that. But the cables are too short to reach anything other than the unit itself. Will I have to cut the cables and fit female plugs and if so will I have to fit two and connect both to the tour head? or am I looking at it all wrong? I need to do this to have a spare amp when I am out with the band until I can afford a new cab and spare head then sell on. I dont really know what to buy or how to do it - I have heard talk of speakon fittings and poles etc and its confusing - or would standard female jacks do? sorry to have to go on but I am a tad confused to say the least. Thank you for your reply and help.
  4. Bass_Pounder

Bass_Pounder

That makes absolutely no sense at all, and if true, shows how bad Behringer is at designing things.

No need for a "stereo" bass cab, and no different then just making it a 4 ohm cab run from one input.

*OP* - disconnect one of the speaker cables and check to see if only half the cab is working. If there is no change when one is disconnected, then it can be removed, and only one cable/adapter will be needed.
  5. Justice

Justice

Disclosures:
    The bass rescuer...
    more than likely, a pair of Speakon to 1/4 adaptor cabls would do the trick.

Like these
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-EACH-6-in...ER-CABLE-ADAPTERS-/380822634644#ht_431wt_1362

plug these into the back of the Peavey and then connect the leads from the cab
  6. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

As I see it It's a combo with two speakers of 8Ω each. To me it makes perfect sense to use a cable to each driver. This fills up both speaker outputs on the amp and signals that no more cabinetry can be added to the combo.

OP never plug the speaker output of one amp into the speaker outputs of your combo. If you do you'll likely have to replace both units. They are outputs they are never inputs!

If you want to use the speaker section with another amp just plug the two cables into the other amp - if they'll reach.
  7. Bollocks77

Bollocks77

Thanks for all your help everyone. Basically then the only pdoblem i have got is that the cables are not lo g enough. Is there any sort of adapters or a way of lengthening or adapting to make them reach? I understand that i will av both plugged i but they dont reach my new head. When i do eventually get a spare head i will sell the whole unit and buy a dedicated cab.
  8. Justice

Justice

Disclosures:
    The bass rescuer...
    see post #5 above
  9. Bollocks77

Bollocks77

Justice - Thank you. I didnt see the post as I was posting from my phone. Will they do the trick with no loss of quality? seems a lot easier than butchering a cab. Thank for everyone who helped me with this one.