Behringer NU3000 (iNuke series)

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Squidpixel, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Squidpixel

Squidpixel

I'm currently using an swr studio 220 as a preamp with a dbx 166a compressor on the effects loop, into a crest CA-4 power amp. It is "my sound", but my rack weighs significantly more than the eden 4x10XLT it powers.

The thought of 3000 watts at 6lbs for $300 sound pretty appealing to my aging back and sagging wallet.

Does anyone have any experience using the beheringer iNuke series of power amp for discreet bass guitar power?

How does it sound?

They seem to review very well for driving PA/subs.

They at too new for reliability reviews, but it seems the class D amplification world is improving every day by leaps and bounds.

I understand my crest CA is gonna be hard to beat, but 50lbs just for the amp is getting old.
  2. Squidpixel

Squidpixel

And yes I searched and read the other 5 or so threads related to this series...

Crest pro light looks to not be made any more, but still sold and weighs double the behringers.
  3. tbirdsp

tbirdsp Supporting Member

Crest Pro Lite 2.0 is available http://www.fullcompass.com/product/400893.html

Never used one, but they have good reviews.

I have a iNuke 3000 I use with a Sansamp RBI pre sometimes. I have not gigged it much, but it sounds great to me and the (lack of) weight is a relief. I also like that it's short front to back so I can leave all of my cords hooked up and put the back cover on my shallow rack. Cooling fan is kind of loud, not an issue for live gigs.

Cue the Behringer haters - go! :D

P.S> One nice thing about the Crest - it has a dedicated Speakon output for bridging. With most other amps you need to rewire a NL4 connector. Not a big deal to do, but still...
  4. Squidpixel

Squidpixel

My mistake.

I see the crest pro-lite is still around. Not sure what I was looking at(or drinking) at the time.

Crest is 12 lbs
    Behringer 7

I have nothng but good things to say about my crest ca4. It has been in service 15 years and has been very solid. Had to have a the caps replaced once, but this was due to faulty sub shorting(EV 1000w 18" in mesa cab).

So I guess crest is in the running again...
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Handyman

Handyman

Just keep in mind that Behringer's power ratings are generally "peak power", which is to say, a total fiction.

I think their stuff isn't necessarily a bad deal - just keep in mind that something labeled as 1000W from Behringer isn't going to provide as much actual power as a power amp marked as 1000W from a company like Peavey or QSC. Nor is it meaningful to compare the weights.
  7. seamonkey

seamonkey

Some benchtests on one of the inukes, includes stated versus measured power: http://forum.speakerplans.com/behri...am-kxd7200-bench-tested_topic69202_page5.html

Inukes good value, 3 year warranty, good functions in the DSP.

Crest ProLite DSP model has features no other DSP has - Waves Maxx processing built in.
    It can't be beat. 5 year warranty. You may be surprised how well these compare to your CA model. Weight really has nothing to do with sound quality. Crest/Peavey are winners with their latest amps.
  8. Squidpixel

Squidpixel

I was figuring that the crest pro lite 2.0 would be similar power to the behringer 3000.

I would be power either a single eden 4x10xlt(8ohm 750w rated)

Or a pair of single or dual 12 cabs that I don't have yet(and would sell the eden for)

I would be using 3leaf audio enabler as preamp most likely.

Trying to build a lighter rig.

Was considering GK mb800, but it's just not my sound.
    Or ampeg pf800, but it seems I'll just get more versatility and use out of a real power amp and whatever pre I decide for the day.

Thanks
    -the squidly
  9. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Expectation Is The Root of All Suffering. Supporting Member

Eh... I have heard some failures of the iNukes.

Personally, I would not risk the gamble. I would rather buy something used but quality.

YMMV / IMO.
  10. Squidpixel

Squidpixel

Probably wise I guess...
  11. bgavin

bgavin Supporting Member

12. Squidpixel

Squidpixel

13. dincz

dincz

Good info, but even better - have you heard of any power amps that have never failed?
  14. bgavin

bgavin Supporting Member

I have four QSC running 13 years now.
  15. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Expectation Is The Root of All Suffering. Supporting Member

Everything fails. Its the ratio that matters.