1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Behringer Ultrabass BVT-4500H Head MSD

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Edward619, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Edward619

Edward619

Hello bass players
    I would like to know if some of you have seen this head Behringer Ultrabass BVT-4500H Head MSD and if it's worth it.
    right now i dont have that much money so im thinking on buying this one.
    PLEASE TELME WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS HEAD.

PS: Im very sory about my righting.:smug::smug::smug:

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    if that's all the money you have in the world and there's no hope of ever getting more, i still wouldn't buy it. it's a bad ripoff of the ampeg svt 450h and b2re (same head, different box), and personally, i think you'd be better off looking for a used amp that's better than either one of them for the same price.

3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Main thing I find I don't like about Behringer bass heads is they are big and heavy.

If you want to future proof yourself pick up a lightweight mini head. A GK or Carvin, have great prices, or any other mini head you can afford. If you have a good cab either one will do fine in most situations.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

+1 pass on the Behringer, and save up a little more maybe, and buy USED gear. You'll get better gear for less money.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. joenoone

joenoone

I just tried one out at the shop where the Praise Leader of the church I play at works and it sounded amazing. He said they've had no problems with reliability and he's sold a few to people touring through the area that pick one up for a replacement/backup amp and said they reported back they loved it so much it's now their main amp. Considering the sound and bang-for-buck value, I'd consider buying one next time I'm looking.

Yes, the down side is they are heavy...

7. keko

keko

I own one, ...it was kinda compensation from my friend, not exactly my choice, but I played through it for almost 2 Years with no problem!

Bad things: pretty heavy for transport (15.6 kg), no adjustable compressor (kinda automatic self adjustable one, very unwanted effect sometimes), hard to re-sale

Good things: plenty of classic power (pure 450W/RMS into the 4 Ohms), almost indestructible

It's still for sale in my regional online adds! :rolleyes:

8. Zoa

Zoa

They are simply awful. Terrible CS, prone to breaking, not nearly as powerful as they say it is, low-quality electronics, plus it sounds like poo. Save your money.

If you absolutely cannot get any more money, and don't want to go used, the Acoustic b200h can be had for around $250. Its not amazing, but its decently loud, sounds okay if very transparent, and very reliable, with a great warranty. Pair it with a VT Bass and you've got yourself a pretty decent entry level rig.