Behringer Ultrabass BVT4500H

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by matt_mcgivney, Apr 13, 2013.

1. matt_mcgivney

matt_mcgivney

anyone have one? reviews or comments

2. Arial Bender

Arial Bender

uh-oh, you said the B word.

3. matt_mcgivney

matt_mcgivney

Yes I did. I looking to get a low buck setup.

4. matt_mcgivney

matt_mcgivney

I know a lot don't care for their stuff but im shure for the tag price someone here picked one up.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Troph

Troph

Good Lord. You can get one for $150 right now over at Musician's Friend. I don't see how it's possible to buy the parts inside for that cost, much less assemble it, ship it overseas, and sell it with a warranty and some profit for the reseller... Amazing.

7. vickde

vickde Supporting Member

I have one I use as a bedroom amp. It has their "tube emulation" preamp driving one of their off-the-shelf (read, used in lots of their amps) 300w bipolar PAs, sitting in a very heavy, mostly empty, SVT-looking box. The box is probably half the weight.

I'm not crazy about their tube emulation. I get a decent sound out of it running a starved-plate tube pre in the effects loop (stuffed into the vast empty space of the cabinet).

It ain't an SVT, but for $150, you can't beat the price. And they've used the modular 300W PA in enough boxes so that they know how to build it, and cheaply.

Folks will tell you all about how they ripped off Ampeg. If they'd compared the circuits, they would have found that it's nothing like an SVT450 inside. Ampeg uses a totally different pre circuit driving a MOSFET PA.

Would I gig it? Well, it's 45 pounds. When I want to schlep a 45-pound head, I bring my Traynor YBA200-2.