1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

being tortured by UPS...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by the yeti, Nov 3, 2012.

1. the yeti

the yeti

i have a bass coming in that's been in greensboro since yesterday morning. that's an hour away... i could've picked it up 10 times by now.:confused: i called but they said i can't pick it up until it makes it to raleigh.:spit::bawl::meh:

if i make it to monday i'll be :bassist::D:bassist:

there. that feels better.:)

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

The waiting is killer that beautiful bass just sitting there waiting, waiting, waiting :)

3. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

It'll be worth it! You will appreciate it so much more.

4. klejst

klejst

Heh, I get that all the time when something is being shipped to me via USPS because they are very slow at updating the tracking information. I once had a package arrive in my city what would of been early, however sat in the warehouse until the next day because that is when it said it was originally scheduled to be delivered. Ahh, I would think to think they are not doing it on purpose, but I feel for you man.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. the yeti

the yeti

thanks. it will be so worth the wait. i'm not one to overly build things up either.

7. R&B

R&B Both kinds of music: y'know, rhythm AND blues! Supporting Member

OP--

Hope you get that bass!

UPS and FedEx's favorite trick is to attempt a residential delivery at noon or so...no one home of course...duh! Then it's "tag, you're it" and you have to figure out how to get to their facility after work to pick it up. :mad: The latest from UPS is that you can pay $5 online to have them leave it at a UPS store. Convenient, yes. Customer-friendly, no.

Then there's USPS...worthy of its own thread! :rollno:

I feel your pain. Please post pics when it does arrive.

SL

8. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

If you sign up for a free account on UPS's website you can have a shipment release authorization which means they'll leave the package without obtaining a signature.

9. mowburger

mowburger

Think of your poor bass tho, sitting in a dark box alone. It was probably thrilled when it got pulled to ship, took a nice ride to NC, now it's had time to think about it's new parent. What is he/she like? What kind of music does my new parent play? Studio? Bar gigs? Weddings? Does he/she have sweaty hands?

And you think the suspense is killing YOU? What about the suspense and nervousness your new bass is going thru right now!

:cool:

10. Monster Truck

Monster Truck groove student Supporting Member

UPS seems to never come to my house before 4 pm. They must know I work 2nd shift.

11. shackled

shackled

Tracking updates are definitely a modern form of torture...
    Sometimes I think we'd be better off not knowing! :)

12. IPA

IPA

Could be worse, you could wait all week for your bass to arrive from an out-of-town Guitar Center, have it arrive, open the box, and find the completely wrong bass.

Now comes the fun part of trying to negotiate getting my shipping cost back from Guitar Center. I have a feeling I'm going to end up eating that 25 bucks and still not getting the bass I wanted.

13. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

How does that work? You didn't get what you ordered.

14. JacobWhaler

JacobWhaler

GC sucks, I can't go there anymore unless it's for small purchases. oh well, hope you get your money back and a cool bass![​IMG]

15. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

I'm in the same boat. Ordered a bass from GC (had a cupon) and it's sitting at the local UPS facility (they did lose power, can't blame them for that). Should be here monday though -_-... The wait sucks.

16. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

You should tell us what bass it is.
    That way 20 people will jump in and tell you that it is a complete POS it is and to send it back.

You will not feel so bad then.

17. IPA

IPA

I doubt they will see it that way, trying to negotiate anything but the simplest purchase with them is like talking to a brick wall, only slightly dumber.

18. the yeti

the yeti

it's this one:http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/roscoe-lg-3005-perfect-bass-limited-edition-4-a-925414/

i've really wanted a roscoe for quite some time.

every facility it had a departure scan no more than 5 hrs after the arrival scan... except the next to last stop.

i'm staying home monday to wait for it.

19. Beersurgeon

Beersurgeon

I know exactly how you feel! I have a bass that arrived yesterday to the city's distribution center and it won't be delivered until Monday because UPS does not on weekends. Ugh!!!

20. MyMusic

MyMusic

I guess I might as well join this club. I've got a bass that was departure scanned on Oct 31 at 9:50 pm and 10 minutes later it shows that adverse weather may cause delay. I checked the weather channel and there was no mention of adverse weather in Kansas City.