Belcat dual pickup active EQ wiring harness

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by pdglobokar, Dec 6, 2012.

1. pdglobokar

pdglobokar

Just purchased this wiring harness and they didn't include a wiring diagram. My question is...where do I land the neck and bridge pickup wires (2 wires each). The harness has 1 vol, 3 tone and 1 blend pots. I am asuming the 2 unconnected wires (red/black from the pre-amp) are for the battery. Thanks for you help!
    51nwOH+BevL.jpg
    [​IMG]

2. Steve Dallman

Steve Dallman Supporting Member

The pickups go to the empty lugs on the blend pot, the dual pot. The center lugs should be open. The hot of one pickup goes to one lug, and the hot of the other goes to the other center lug. One of the outside lugs on each pot of the dual pot is ground, the one going to the black wire, on opposite ends of each set of three lugs. The ground of each pickup goes there.

The red and black wires are for the battery.

3. pdglobokar

pdglobokar

Thanks very much. Great explanation & detail.

4. BK Flamer

BK Flamer

Hi guys.... I'm doing the same and have followed these instructions... Problem is, in the centre position I get no output, but can hear each respective pickup when I wind the pot fully each way..... Suggestions ? Thanks !

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Hactar

Hactar

It sounds as if your pickups are wired out of phase.
    Thus, when alone, they each present a signal, but when summed, they are canceling each other out.
    Try reversing the wires of one pickup.