1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

Benevente SC5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Neurologic, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Neurologic

Neurologic

Chris Benevente bass in brand-new condition, incredible instrument. I'm selling these because I am principally a guitar player and simply do not have enough time seriously play bass.

This fretted SC5 is fabricated with premium select spalted maple inlays, front and rear faceplates, a walnut core and wenge fingerboard. The four pickup-four volume control system is fantastic and state-of-the-art. The selection and interrelationship of the pickups are selected with the volume controls. This allows for a huge variety of tonality and fine tuning. It also has many of which are not possible with conventional pickup systems. Treble and bass controls are added for further refinements. It comes with a high-quality structural foam gig bag. Asking $2,950 PRICE DROP $2,800 plus shipping, PayPal is accepted. Call me at 330-494-3302 or email m_gatien@yahoo.com, Mike.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Neurologic

Neurologic

3. ddhm

ddhm

Goodness, this just blew my G.A.S.-o-meter up! G.L.W.S.

You know folks are gonna ask what the scale is, the weight and string spacing. You might as well put that out there.
  4. MarkA

MarkA Registered Schmoozer. Supporting Member

Add nut measurement to that. (I would ask, anyway.) Gorgeous bass, intriguing pickup system.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Hankenstein

Hankenstein Supporting Member

what he said
  7. Bassandgolf

Bassandgolf Supporting Member

Interested in trades?
  8. Neurologic

Neurologic

nut 2 1/3", string spacing at bridge 3", scale G string 34" - B string 34 1/4"

Weight is around 10.5 lbs but I'm not sure how accurate my scale is. I'll try to get to UPS for an accurate reading.

Thanks for the comments! I'm not a dedicated bass player so if any more questions please let me know.
  9. Neurologic

Neurologic

A trade would reqire a much lower priced guitar or bass at a value for quick resale.
  10. nozkcb

nozkcb Supporting Member

Oh my goodness! ! ! !
  11. MarkA

Just saw this. Are you quite sure that the nut is 2-1/3"? (And a third seems an odd fraction for an inch measurement.) That would be REALLY wide for a five string nut (doesn't look that wide in the photo). Most that I've seen measure 1-3/4" or 1-7/8". The latter translates to roughly the same string-to-string spacing at the nut as on a four-string Jazz bass, which I like.

3" from center-of-B to center-of-G at the bridge seems more reasonable. If it's exactly 3", that gives 3/4" (19mm) string-to-string spacing at the bridge, the most common measure for four string basses and a pretty common one for fivers.

As for scale length, pretty sure this is a 34" scale bass. Intonation adjustments at the bridge can make measuring that tricky, so I measure from the nut to the 12th fret and multiply by 2. On a 34" scale bass, this should be exactly 17".

Cheers!
    -Mark

EDIT: You could also ask Chris Benavente about any specs on this bass. I've found him responsive and helpful in the past.
  12. Neurologic

Neurologic

My bad the nut is 1 3/4". String scale is 17" nut to 12th fret so is a 34" scale.
    3" is correct for the bridge string spacing.

My son says the scale is accurate (he measures for bodybuilding). It does not feel heavy to me & I play guitars.

Note, pro level lineup just completd by a Martin Auth. Repairman.

The gig bag is a Pro Tech

You guys are talking me out of selling & becomming a bass player!
  13. Neurologic

Neurologic

14. Neurologic

Neurologic

Why do I have to bump, bump? Is the price not a pretty good deal?
  15. MarkA

It's a rough market, and a lot of people have to bump, bump. A good deal? I dunno -- I don't know what this bass would go for new (maybe ask Chris B.), but it's a beautiful instrument with a compelling-looking pickup arrangement and I'll bump for that.

I had a four-string fretless Om (made by Chris B. -- actually selling it, too) and the neck on that was amazing. It was only a four, so I can't comment from experience on his low B strings, but that four was one of the most taut, responsive, "bouncy" feeling basses I've played, which makes me optimistic about his five strings.

Again, gorgeous instrument, from the control cavity cover to the knobs and in-between. Beautiful bass! Good luck.
  16. Neurologic

Neurologic

The 5th string is completely balanced volume, feel and tone wise with the others. This was very important to me as many 5s aren't. The neck & playability are superb. The response is completely even everywhere, no dead or uneven spots. :D

Yea, I do not understand the market, it was better when the economy was bad. :rollno:
  17. Neurologic

Neurologic

I rec'd a build quote from Chris B for a similiar bass. Quote is $6k w/ some extras not quoted.

Quote Sheet
    Customer: MG Quote Date: 8/20/2013
    Serial #: Target Date:

MODEL SCB52434NT $ 4400.00
    Top 5A spalt flm mpl Top & back $ 350.00
    Body Alder or Mahogany (swamp ash add $200) $
    Neck 3 pc mpl $
    Fingerboard Wenge Sp flm mpl blks $ 500.00
    Radius 15” $
    Scale 34” $
    Frets 24 jumbo nickel $
    Pickups Benavente 4 p/u $ 350.00
    Electronics Benavente 3 Band EQ ***vbtbmt*** $
    Tuners Hipshot Ultralite Y key 3/8” post black $
    Bridge/Spacing Hipshot B Type 19mm black $
    Pickguard n/a $
    Knobs Black Metal Dome $
    Color Clear Satin $
    Case Protec Contego $
    Strings SIT Rockbright Steel B-G 045-.125 $
    Misc **** individual vol/blend**** $
    $
    Retail $ 5600.00
    Cost $ 5100.00

BUILD #

Benavente guitars grants pass Oregon usa
    www.benaventeguitars.com
  18. Neurologic

Neurologic

Update: The pickups are narrow width humbuckers. This allows for big sounding hums and Fender style single tones.
    The walnut body adds to the weight but is an ideal bass wood per Chris B.
    The eq is 2 band.
  19. Neurologic

Neurologic

20. Neurologic

Neurologic

PRICE DROP TO $2,800
  21. satchelbaglio

satchelbaglio Supporting Member

Wow, speechless, that is a gorgeous looking bass. GLWS.