Berg CN-112 w/ Shuttle 9.2 or STM-900

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by SCT1422, Sep 18, 2013.

1. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

I just picked up a CN-112 and have the 9.2 and 900.. Just wanted to get some opinions or experiences with either combo.. Last year I was using a HT-112ER with the 9.2 which was a killer little rig...
  2. 3rdcurve

3rdcurve Supporting Member

I Thought the CN212 sounded fantastic with the Streamliner 900.
  3. SCT1422

I settled on the Shuttle, seems to match up great...
  4. lloydage

lloydage

Is it ok to run the 9.2 rated at 500w at 8 ohms through the Single berg rated at 350w as I'm thinking about this combo?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

No problem. The 9.2's power ratings are a bit hopeful and you won't get into any trouble. That head slams, but you would really have to push it to get up to power output that would become a problem with that cab.

That being said, a 112, no matter how good, is just a 112. If you end up cranking it at gigs where it is not quite up to the task, you could eventually end up with trouble.
  7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Well, you have both heads, don't you?
  8. SCT1422

Yes I do.. I preferred the Shuttle with the CN-112 and still liked the Streamliner with my NV-115... I have a Prodigy on the way which slams with the NV-115... I'm going to be moving one or both of the Genz Benz amps though and probably the CN-112 to offset it...
  9. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

I prefer the Streamliner with Bergantino 12's. The 9.2 sounds great with it, but I think it's better with Bergantino 10's. Either way, the rig will sound killer.
  10. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

The Prodigy with the CN212 has been getting rave reviews. With the very low SPL NV115, might have a headroom issue (based on a couple of reviews of that combination), although it should sound good at moderate volumes I'm sure. I bet the Streamliner sounds GREAT with that cab!

I bet the higher powered Strategy (or whatever it is called) with two NV115's would be about as good as it gets for that sort of 'sealed/all tube' vibe though!
  11. SCT1422

The Streamliner did sound great with the NV-115... And I'm not too worried about volume with the NV-115/Prodigy combo, it has plenty of power for my needs and sounds fantastic...
  12. gkbass13

gkbass13

Just picked up a CN 1x12. It should be here early next week. I'm pretty excited to try the CN1x12+Cn2x12 set up with my Glock Blue Soul!
  13. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Cool. Dig the whole concept of the Prodigy. The manual reads like a novel. Wonderful! As long as you don't need a lot of clean volume, that should sound great. It would scream with the C N 212.