Bergantino NV 115- anyone own one?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by huckleberry1, Apr 6, 2014.

1. huckleberry1

huckleberry1 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    student
    Anyone tried out the Bergantino NV115? I looked at the thread but not much there?:help:
  2. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

There is a mega thread called something like the NV 115-8 (the thread was put up before the cab was introduced and it was unclear what the size of the mid driver would be).

I had one for a short while. Beautiful construction, and it takes the 'sealed cab' thing to extremes, due to I assume the very small box. Beautiful midrange, as always with Jim, beautiful crossover resulting in a beautiful, present organic top end, and a very, very, very attenuated low end, which can be somewhat overcome by either using two stacked, or having a head that can pump a lot of boosted upper bass into the cab.

Two of them with a big tube head would be a beautiful thing, I think!
  3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass Gnarsty bass tones Supporting Member

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass Gnarsty bass tones Supporting Member

I owned one for awhile. It's a great cab, and I mostly agree with Ken Jung's assessment. The only difference is that I thought the low end was just fine even with one cab, and I play BEADG 5 string. Note that I like cabs with "tight" bottom end: my favorite is the Berg NV610, and I use that for gigs with my loud rock band. If you like deep extended low end then a sealed cab of any kind is probably not the best choice.

Anyway: I got the NV115 so I could have a smaller sealed cab for gigs played at reasonable volume, and it gave me what I was looking for. I was especially happy playing 5-string-P-bass-with-flats through it.

Early this year I got a regular gig up a flight of stairs. Given that I'm no longer a young man, I decided that my small rig should also be lightweight. So, I traded the NV115 in on a pair of lightweight 1x12 cabs (Berg CN112). These don't have the sealed cab vibe, but weight became more important than tone, and the CN112 cabs sound fine in their own way. They don't have the sealed cab punch, though, so if that's what you need the NV115 is a better choice, and really, it isn't all that heavy... I'm just a wimp.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. huckleberry1

huckleberry1 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    student
    Thanks guys for the reply, turns out my Ampeg SVT VR I'm paring it with does not like an 8 ohm configuration according to some feedback from a friend.