1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bergantino NV Series - Discontinued Cabs!

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by RocketMusic, Jan 9, 2013.

1. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    FYI - Jim Bergantino just announced that he is discontinuing the NV-610 and NV-412 cabs.

Jim is all out of the NV-412 cabs, so your only chance to grab a new one of those is to find one at a dealer. Sadly, I do not have one. :bawl:

Jim has about a dozen NV-610's left in his warehouse, so those will be a little easier to get, at least for a little while. Also, several dealers probably still have stock on the 610 cab. I know I have one here that is still new-in-the-box.

Given the fixed and dwindling supply of these things with no replacement models coming along, these cabs are not being discounted. Get 'em while you can!!
  2. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...now if he would just bring back the HT-322...sigh...

:meh:
  3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Supporting Member

No kidding! After hearing that cab when we were down there, I would buy one in a heartbeat if he started making them again......
  4. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

That was/is a killer cab.
  5. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I'm lucky, I've got both cabs (an NV-610 and an HT-322). I love them both, but they are quite different. The sealed 610 has a tight, polite bottom that I'm absolutely loving with my DB-751 head. A P-bass through that rig is Heaven on Earth. The HT-322 has a bigger, looser bottom that I prefer with the Streamliner head.
  6. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi Supporting Member

Man Greg, those 2 cabs you had out in June at the GTG were incredible, especially the 610. I think I played through the HT 322 but can't be sure.
  7. brotherbassj

brotherbassj Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    I was totally devasted when he discontinued the NV215! THank god I have one of those. Do you know if Jim is starting a new cabinet line or will be offering a cab like the 322 or a cab with 15's in it?
  8. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    :ninja:

I do know some things, but I can't say just yet. There are some new cabs in the works, it's just not yet clear which ones will make the official cut. I'll be sure to make an announcement here whenever anything official happens.
  9. brotherbassj

Disclosures:
    I'd really like to know as soon as you can speak of it :ninja:
  10. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Jim is down to just 2 NV-610's in his warehouse, and I sold the one I had here. I can help you acquire one of the ones that Jim has left, but that will be a temporary condition at best. These are starting to get scarce!
  11. brotherbassj

Disclosures:
    The 215 or a 15 needs to come back. Please.....
  12. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Still no official word on the 15 front. I will tell you that I recently heard an NV cab with a 15 in it, but I'm not sure whether that one is coming to market or not. I liked it and let Jim know that.
  13. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Update - Jim is all sold out of the NV-412 and NV-610 cabs now. He still has the parts to make a few more NV-610 cabs, but he would only go to the trouble of doing that for a live order. The NV-412 is well and truly done, there are no components left to make more. So contact me if you'd like an NV-610, and I can check on availability and ETA.

As everyone probably knows by now, the new NV-15 cab is officially coming to market sometime [del]in the next 6 weeks or so (mid to late April)[/del] around mid-May. It's a much smaller cabinet compared to the 610 and 412. I'd say it's a little smaller than two HD-112s.

The new NV-15 will sell for $849 plus $60 shipping = $909 total.
  14. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Ooops - I think I've been peddling bad info. The latest info from Jim is that the new NV-15 cab will hit the streets around mid-May. I had though mid-April, but I believe I was confused. Sorry 'bout that!
  15. SactoBass

SactoBass There are some who call me.......Sactobass Supporting Member

Greg, this NV-15 you speak of, do you know if will it have a ceramic magnet like the other NV series? Or is it neo?
  16. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Both speakers are ceramic, and the cab is about 150-200% the size of an HD-112.

It's a neat little cabinet. Smaller than a 410, but larger than a 112. And with the 15, it really thumps nicely.

I've got one on order, shouldn't be too much longer before I receive it...
  17. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    My first NV-115 can will ship on Monday! I should see it on Wednesday or Thursday...
  18. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
  19. dDaddybass

dDaddybass Supporting Member

Swweeeet! I'm really curious to see how these sound with a Streamliner.
  20. LilRay

LilRay

Disclosures:
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    I'm wondering how these compare to Jim's first 115 incarnation?

Why don't you send one to ubone so we can compare them direct?:ninja::bag::ninja:

I'll take the hit and play through the NV, in the interest of Rocket Music of course. ;)

:D

God Bless, Ray