Bergantino NV610 Thread

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by bucephylus, May 26, 2011.

1. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member

This cab deserves its own thread, IMO.

It is a utilitarian tone monster working cab.

I got mine several years back from TB'er Dan Knowlton. It is one of the best pieces of gear I have yet owned.

For club gigs, it is practically portable; fits in the trunk of my Honda Accord, rolls into the gig, and delivers a powerful stack of just plain great tone with a variety of instruments. What more can you ask?

Can't think of a more all round useful cab that does so much. Truly a coalescence of high art and engineering.

BTW, I'm currently driving mine with a Shuttle 9. Life is good.
  2. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

Media:
    I was in the studio with mine yesterday. Typically at gigs and practice it has to be used at "moderate" levels of volume but since tone was the priority I got to open her up a little. I was feeding it a hot signal from my Fulltone Bassdrive via my SVT-II. Guitarist returns from the bathroom and upon hearing the thing through the walls of the studio cites "I thought it was like a sci-fi invasion!"

Angry bass rigs sound like alien attacks. You heard it hear first.
  3. paganjack

paganjack

Finally got one of these a few weeks ago. It's the best cabinet on the market. I think it's made my list of gear that I will never sell. It sounds so perfect and I feel like I play better on it. Can't wait to start recording with it too!
  4. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

I was lucky enough to find a used one years ago before they were discontinued for less than $700. I have run it with so many different amps amd it always delivers. Running it right now with a gk 1001rb-ii or mesa walkabout. Both sound great but the tone of the walkabout is awesome. There may be no better cab for fuzz/distortion. Its definitely a workhorse. My only complaint is when i have to drag it up stairs or do a vertical lift.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Jefe

Jefe

I will NEVER sell mine. Not sure I've ever said that about any other piece of gear. I use a '70s SVT or a Streamliner 900. For my rock gigs, it's the best cab I've ever heard (by a LARGE margin).
  7. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

I've never played an NV610 but I feel the same about my NV215. It's a BEAST and a work horse. Sounds great with any style of music. Love this cab.
  8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass Gnarsty bass tones Supporting Member

I had an early NV610 prototype, one of only two made with red tolex. Then my back acted up in a bad way, so I made the horrible horrible mistake of selling it in favor of some neo-loaded cabs made by another manufacturer. They were light, but... well, I'll just say the tone did NOT work for me, and leave it at that.

I then purchased a pair of HS210 cabs (this was still the pre-AE days), and once I realized I didn't need back surgery I got another NV610... black tolex this time. The HS210 cabs are really great, but the NV610 is absolute heaven.

Here are a bunch of Bergs I no longer own, including Big Red:
    [​IMG]
  9. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass Gnarsty bass tones Supporting Member

Here's NV610 #2:
    [​IMG]
  10. cripula

cripula Supporting Member

My all time favourite cab.

[​IMG]
  11. anderbass

anderbass

Hey cripula, we seem to have the same rig, although I wish I had one of the tolex models like yours ;)

I love me Berg!!!

[​IMG]
  12. DrDAV14

DrDAV14 Supporting Member

I've used mine with a WA, 1001RB, MB500 and currently use a MB Fusion. The cabinet sounded incredible with all of them. Small to large venue, loud or quiet gig, the cab performs.
    I fit it into my Smart car, its not small, but its got huge tone and I'll move a little extra weight for the happiness of GREAT sound, plus my MB fusion is only 5lbs.
    LOVE this cabinet
  13. bassboysam

bassboysam

Can you imagine how good an NV810 would sound?!
  14. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

The absolute greatest cab ever. I miss mine, and will have another some day.
  15. negative theory

negative theory

I use mine with an Aguilar DB750 and it flat out kills.
  16. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Hey, that's my setup!:cool:
  17. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

What?!? I got it to fit in the back seat of my '02 subaru wrx sedan and I thought that was impressive
  18. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

:cool:
    It don't get much better than that.
    My favorite 6x10 cab.
  19. One Drop

One Drop Supporting Member

It's sex on wheels.
  20. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Pics please
  21. jastacey

jastacey Supporting Member

Here's my NV610 .... I had the NV425 and the NV412, and I've settle down to using this cab, best sounding cab with all the amps I have ... IMHO
    [​IMG]