Bergantino Pricing For Virginia Customers

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by RocketMusic, May 5, 2010.

1. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I learned something new yesterday that should help my Bergatino customers in Virginia! We're located in Blacksburg, Virginia, so when I sell something and ship it within the state of Virginia... the Commonwealth expects a cut (5% sales tax in Virginia). :spit: Like any smart business, that gets added to the bottom line by me, so I don't actually pay the tax - my Virginia customers do. Sorry 'bout that. Death and taxes, right? :meh:

Anyway, that is obviously a deterrent for folks in the state of Virginia to shop here. And it's also probably one of the big reasons that we do so much business in nearby states like North Carolina, West Virginia, New York, etc. I don't have to charge sales tax when I ship out of state.

Well Jim B. comes to the rescue in his pricing policy. As you probably know, he has a fixed price on his various cabs, AND dealers are required to charge a minimum shipping rate for orders that are not physically picked up at the store.

So long post short, the good news for my Virginia customers is that while I have to charge you VA sales tax, I don't have to charge you Bergatino's minimum shipping rate. That basically works out to be a wash for you.

Here's an example in-state vs. out-of-state scenario. The HT112ER has a price of $699 and a minimum shipping rate of $40.
    Out-of-state: HT112ER = $739.00 shipped.
    In-state: HT112ER = $733.95 shipped (1.05 * $699).

So my Virginia customers can grab a Berg cab from me and then go have a Happy Meal on Jim Bergantino and Rocket Music :)

2. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Oh, and I forgot to mention this - my website isn't smart enough to handle this. It'll charge the minimum shipping rate no matter where you are. So Virginia players, just call, PM, or email me, and we'll get it worked out the old fashioned way.