1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Beringer Powerplay 16 - used these at a gig last night

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Rocksolid, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Rocksolid

Rocksolid

Did a gig last night where the sound tech has the X32 desk, and 4 of these IEM controllers.

Cringe - I was impressed. Good sound quality, and the user interface was good. Didn't take long to pull a reasonable mix.

I was considering getting the controllers and the rack converter to set up for the band regardless of what desk we get at a gig - just using a TRS snake to take direct outs off the channels straight into the converter.

Just wanted to share my experience.
  2. musicman7722

musicman7722 Supporting Member

What about mixers w/o direct outs?
  3. Rocksolid

Rocksolid

Well thats the thing. I'd probably need a poor mans splitter snake.
  4. musicman7722

Hmm I have one but of course xlr on both ends though I do have a balanced to xlr snake so that might work. Just curious.
  5. musicman7722

Did a little research. If I am right this requires a controller unit ($200) that the splitter snake plugs into. That unit then feeds the individual units ($250) via a computer cable. Yes No?
  6. Rocksolid

Rocksolid