1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Berklee online?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by remcult, Apr 9, 2014.

1. remcult

remcult

Dec 26, 2012
    Bronxville, NY
    Anyone have any experience?

2. viking power

viking power

Jul 5, 2012
    I don't have any experience with it but it looks to be very, very expensive...

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. lyla1953

lyla1953 Supporting Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Do a quick forum search and you'll find lots of good feed back on the program and some of the instructors. Cost is a consideration of course, AND the time commitment.

5. MalcolmAmos

MalcolmAmos Supporting Member

Last time I checked it's all in standard notation, are you ready for that. If so give it a try they are top notch.

6. remcult

remcult

Dec 26, 2012
    Bronxville, NY
    Yeah, I've been looking around, I couldn't find too much from people who have signed up.

As for reading, I can do so slowly, and it's something I'm working on (along with my ear of course). No better way to improve than to up the stakes a bit

7. Minus

Minus

May 22, 2011
    Berklee on-line is very good. Do you have any specific questions?

8. remcult

remcult

Dec 26, 2012
    Bronxville, NY
    Nothing in particular. I would just be curious as to how effective you found the class, if and how you improved/viewed your abilities before and after taking it; what your experience with the teachers were, especially regarding personalized attention. Are you a quick study, and find it easy to keep up? The other way around? Overall experience?

Along those lines