1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Best 12" for cab of 35 litres

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by chienmort, Dec 21, 2013.

1. chienmort

chienmort

Just bough a combo and it is fitted with an OEM 12. I want to replace it but all the 200w or less drivers I have modelled seem to need big cabs. Any ideas, I can fit ports, as needed.
  2. Dave Curran

Dave Curran Lilduke Supporting Member

3. chienmort

chienmort

4. DukeLeJeune

DukeLeJeune Only immortal for a limited time Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner & designer, AudioKinesis; Auth. mfg, Big E (Home Audio only)
    I suggest you widen your search to include drivers rated at more than 200 watts. That being said, 35 liters (or 1.24 cubic feet) is pretty small for a 112.

Depending on what your tone goals are, you might look at the Deltalite 2512 tuned low, like 40 Hz ballpark.

The Beta 12A is a bit more efficienct (and a lot less expensive), and of course correspondingly trades off low end extension.

If weight is not a major concern, the Delta Pro 12A is another high-efficiency option to consider.

These are all 8 ohm drivers. Faital offers 4 ohm versions of their 12PR300 and 12PR310 that you might take a look at, in addition to their 8 ohm versions.
  5. chienmort

chienmort

Thanks Duke, i was starting to think that the search for a low cost 12 was limiting. I will check all these suggestions and let you know what I eventually decide.