1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Best 12" for cab of 35 litres

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by chienmort, Dec 21, 2013.

1. chienmort

chienmort

Just bough a combo and it is fitted with an OEM 12. I want to replace it but all the 200w or less drivers I have modelled seem to need big cabs. Any ideas, I can fit ports, as needed.

2. Dave Curran

Dave Curran Lilduke

3. chienmort

chienmort

4. DukeLeJeune

DukeLeJeune rational romantic mystic cynical idealist Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner & designer, AudioKinesis; Auth. mfg, Big E (Home Audio only)
    I suggest you widen your search to include drivers rated at more than 200 watts. That being said, 35 liters (or 1.24 cubic feet) is pretty small for a 112.

Depending on what your tone goals are, you might look at the Deltalite 2512 tuned low, like 40 Hz ballpark.

The Beta 12A is a bit more efficienct (and a lot less expensive), and of course correspondingly trades off low end extension.

If weight is not a major concern, the Delta Pro 12A is another high-efficiency option to consider.

These are all 8 ohm drivers. Faital offers 4 ohm versions of their 12PR300 and 12PR310 that you might take a look at, in addition to their 8 ohm versions.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. chienmort

chienmort

Thanks Duke, i was starting to think that the search for a low cost 12 was limiting. I will check all these suggestions and let you know what I eventually decide.