best 210 survey?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by jzonbass, Jun 22, 2013.

1. jzonbass

jzonbass

Looking to pick up a 210 cabinet and since there's a lot of you low end players out there wanted your option on what the best bang for your buck .I play out of a TC RH 450 I curently use a avatar 210 .. some times i need the extra cab for more sound so i would still keep the avatar, wanted to go with matching tc rs 210 is it worth the bucks or is there some thing out there that's got the same bang for less bucks looked at carvin I live in San Diego . Or ampeg micro do they stand up or even tc BC 210 .. so many choices.. any input would be vary cool thanks:hyper: JZ

2. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties Supporting Member

Given the fact that you're already using the TC Electronic amp, I see no reason to go with any other cabinet than the TC RS210. From what I've gathered, those amps and those cabs and very much engineered to go together.

Is that not the case? :meh:

MM

3. grey area

grey area

i run a TCE RS 2x10 with my GK MBF 500and it performs very well. i also use it vertical with a mesa PH 1x15 also vertical, for bigger gigs. its lightish has a nice tone and seems well built. good luck.
    ps i dont run the mesa vertical. my bad composition. sorry its early(for me)

4. iualum

iualum

If you like your Avatar, get another identical model. 2 identical cabs (from any manufacturer) are going to sound better than any mixed cab setup.

If you don't care for the Avatar, then sell it & pick up 2 other identical boxes. The TCE RS line (210 or 212) would be good choices. But the best option in the price ballpark of two of these would be to go with a used 15/6 cab that employs the 15" Eminence 3015LF (low frequency) & one high quality dedicated 6" midrange driver (most commonly, although it's uncommonly great, the 18Sound 6ND410).

This 15/6 will outperform any commercial 2x210 tandem. It will demolish most of them.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

This, yes, +1

7. jzonbass

jzonbass

Is there any more of you out there willing to put your thoughts about the 210 survey thank all who already replied:D

8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I'm in love with my little SVT 210av cabs, but they're medium duty cabs so they might not be what some would consider the "best." Tonally they're right up there with any of them IMHO but there are other 210's that take more of a pounding.

9. Mousekillaz

Mousekillaz

I am pleased with my Carvin BRX 10.2 Neo. However, it would seem they don't offer the Neo option any longer. And it looks really swell after the nameplate was removed.

10. Mark Nye

Mark Nye