Best 410 with Ampeg SVT CL

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Erik Tomas, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Erik Tomas

Erik Tomas

4 ohms, what 410 cab with Ampeg SVT CL tube head? Peg HLF or Mesa powerhouse? Looking for big thick bottom. Advise if you please!

2. popgadget

popgadget

Disclosures:
    Authorized Greenboy Designs Builder, Scabbey Road
    Hard to go wrong with the HLF if you want a 410 that goes low.

3. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

I think you would like the Mesa 410 (new ones). Those have a great sound all around and great low end content. The 410HLF, in my opinion, is not a good choice. It has too much low end and not much else in the tone department. The mids seem absent, not much punch, and not much in the string detail department.

When I think thick low end, you need something strong in the 100hz to 200hz range with a decent response in the 50-80hz range. The combination of tone in those frequencies is key to being hear on stage and for people to realize - "You have a thick tone".

4. chaosMK

chaosMK Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    +1

A Mesa PH cab will really help brighten up your sound and give it more definition with the general thick rock voicing of a typical Ampeg cab. I loved running my SVT-IIp through my PH cab. The 4x10 is an enormous sounding cab.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. eyeballkid

eyeballkid

Disclosures:
    Records of Existence/PyrE owner
    whatever you go with it has to be a 4 ohm cab... the svt-cl can't do 8 ohms.

7. JOE EDO

JOE EDO Supporting Member

Don't rule out 2 - 2x10 cabinets. I did a gig this past weekend with my 73 SVT and 2 Berg HS210's. Pretty easy to move around and hammer'in sound.