1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Best 5-string P bass, in your opinion?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KingRazor, Dec 20, 2013.

1. KingRazor

KingRazor

Assuming price was not a factor, between the following, which 5-string P bass would you think was the best?

Mike Lull P5
    Nordstrand VP5
    Valenti VTP5
    Lakland 55-64
    Alleva Coppolo KBP
    Fender American Standard Precision V

Out of these I've only heard the Fender, Lull, and Lakland models, and the only one I've played is the Fender. I like the sound of the Lull best as far as recordings I've heard of them.

Those of you who've had the privilege of playing one or more of these, which do you think is best?
  2. chris_b

chris_b

Out of your list the only ones I haven't played are the Valenti and the Lakland. I have a 55-94 which I love, but it's now my backup bass. My main bass since I bought it has been the Lull.

I've compared it to the Nordy and the AC and it just has a fuller fatter tone.

With flats the Lull is the best bass I've played in years.
  3. mgbass

mgbass

I have a Lull P-5 and love it, light, wonderful tone and Punch.
    Love the AC's, great build and sound.
    The Nordstrand is also and excellent instrument and Carey is first class builder.

Had a Fender P-5 …Not my thing.
    Lakland - USA is another great bass.

Enjoy
    MG