1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Best App for slowing music

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Ljorges, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Ljorges

Ljorges

Hey Guys,

I'm currently taking bass classes and there are some songs that are just too fast for my current skill level. I know that there are apps for ipads/iphones that will slow the song down without affecting the pitch. I took a look and there are a bunch of apps available but I have no idea which one would be best. Many of them require in app purchases to be of any good use so I just don't want to purchase one without knowing what the folks in the real world are using.

Thanks,

Les

2. tbear1776

tbear1776

3. chriss

chriss

I use the PC version of this:

The Amazing Slow Downer
    http://www.ronimusic.com/

They have an Ipad app that is 14.95 and a free lite version. I have not tried those but the PC version is one of the best investments I made

4. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I know you're looking for something for the ipad, and I'm plugging in for that myself... for PC though, windows media player has always done an awesome job for me.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. funkinbottom

funkinbottom Supporting Member

^^ That. Not sure whats the best app is, but windows media player has a speed setting that does not affect the pitch. Click view, then enhancements, then play speed. Works pretty good, and if you use windows you all ready have it.

7. Ljorges

Ljorges

I've seen this one. Was hoping someone had experience with this app on an iOS device. Many times the app on the ipad and the program on a pc may not work the same.

Les

8. JasonLamb

JasonLamb

9. VerryBerry

VerryBerry Supporting Member

I could be wrong, but I don't think Transcribe works on iPad/iPhone, does it?

10. tkozal

tkozal

Anytune for ipad rocks my wold

11. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

It works on the iPhone and iPad.

12. Octaves

Octaves

It works great on the iPad. iPhone would be the same IMO. Wish I had have done it sooner ;).

It is also great on desktop computer, although different interface. Both interfaces are user-friendly.

13. ejmy

ejmy

Same here, it's the best one.

14. Octaves

Octaves

Don't bother with the lite version, you only get one minute of your track and I don't think you can use the loop or any other functions. Eventually you will want to either cut or boost the bass.

15. SR505bassman

SR505bassman

AmpliTube works great for this too. You just import the song you want, and you can slow it, loop it, take out the vocals (this part doesn't work so well) and other things. Free app

16. BluesMan845

BluesMan845

On the Mac or PC I would recommend this in a heartbeat. Incredible EQ'ing features. Marking, looping, lyrics, on and on goes the list of what Transcribe can do... he has no plans on iOS support though.

AnyTunePro is the closest you are gonna get to a pro level transcription app on iOS.. I've tried the other mentioned and Anytune has them all beat.