Best Backing Track Setup?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by zephyr_words, Oct 1, 2013.

1. zephyr_words

zephyr_words

Hey everyone,

What's the best current way to run backing tracks? Looking to replace the "drummer pressing space bar on a laptop queuing MP3's" method.

Songs where we do run sequences I'd like to have the option to chain maybe 3-4 songs together to help with seamless transitions.

2. Hapa

Hapa

Ableton live

3. F-Clef-Jef

F-Clef-Jef

Yup.

4. WalterBush

WalterBush

Digitech JamMan Stereo. Split click to the right, tracks to the left. All cue and transport functions available via feet, and if you must run stereo backing tracks, your track can be synced with a built-in rhythm and sent out via a third output.

It's much easier to keep a set rolling with my feet rather than poking around on a touchscreen or keyboard. Having a dedicated device with backups for our tracks on SD cards, smartphones, etc is pretty dang handy, too.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Big_Daws

Big_Daws

+10000000000000000000

this is the best way to go for sure...i use it to create all sorts of beats loops and samples...

7. the explode man

the explode man

My band uses Cubase and we have our entire set programmed in with click-tempo changes and backtracks. Of course, this is not a free option, but it performs phenomenally. Some people won't agree, but it works for what we are going for. We have one big track and we know the exact length of the set list which we rehearse to. So, we are familiar with the breaks between the tracks, the track order and we never have tempo issues.

To sum up, we use a laptop with Cubase, which is connected to a Presonus 1818, which is connected to an A+H MixWizard 12M. We only need to hit the space bar once!

8. lustersilk

lustersilk

We load our stuf into two Roland Octopads with are much easier to trigger than using a laptop or tablet