Best Bass combo for under $400

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by GiovaniRigatoni, Nov 12, 2013.

1. GiovaniRigatoni

GiovaniRigatoni

Hey, Im new here, and I need help to find a new amp. Im currently in a band that plays gigs, and I need something that would cut through guitars/drums, so maybe 100W+ combo for under $400, I play alot of Metal, Folk, Tech Death and all that, I love my different tone selection, any help would be appreciated, this would be easier for me, but since Im in Sydney- Australia, everything is twice as expensive here than in America. Thanks

2. sprag

sprag

3. drpepper

drpepper Supporting Member

A usual piece of advice is that used gear generally gets you more for your money.

How's the used market there? Is craigslist very active? In metropolitan areas in the US, craigslist is constantly popping with some kinds of deals.

Do used prices maintain the premium or do they drop off?

That really does suck that the exchange rate is pretty close to equal, but the gear costs twice as much.

4. Linnin

Linnin

Fender's Rumble 150 is the best selling bass combo on the planet with good reason. They sound great and are extremely reliable. Plus they are very affordable and easily obtainable worldwide. :cool:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TinyE

TinyE

Before you do the rumble, do a search. I just read a thread where everyone was having trouble with them

7. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

I like the GK MB combo amps - (I'm guessing you want to play really loud) maybe see if you can find a secondhand GK MB210, MB212, or MB410 in your price range.

8. drpepper

drpepper Supporting Member

Considering an MB212 is $1,400 in Australia, that'd be quite some find.

9. msaone

msaone

Metal, folk, and Tech death?!

How did folk get in there?