Best bass deal you ever got

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chris Breese, May 9, 2007.

1. Chris Breese

Chris Breese

I mean the stankiest steal you ever got on a bass... eBay, garage sale, best friend liquidated his gear or whatever.
  2. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

theres already a big thread about this somewhere on here like from last week but ill play..

I got a 1988 Ibanez Jem77FP Floral Print Steve Vai signature at GC including case candy and mint case for $800 sold it for $1700 a week later..

Also I just picked up my Yamaha TRB1004 for $425 out the door new in box. So thats about $325 off normal price which isnt to shabby
  3. buzzbass

buzzbass Supporting Member

I paid $450 for an Ibanez USA ATK 5 in '96. I'm pretty sure they though it was a Korean and not the USA model. The USAs were supposed to sell for around $1100, if I remember correctly
  4. martin shane

martin shane Guest

I once got an antigua 1978 Fender P-bass for $400 ... bought it from a studio...
  5. Tony G

Tony G

Years ago when I first started playing I got a Vester P/J 4 string for free!!!!!!! It was a gift...
  6. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

In 2004, I got a brand new American Series Precision for $700, when the typical (MF, Sam Ash) price was $949.
  7. artislife1

artislife1

i got a fretless fender (mexican) for 400$ who sounds like crazy!

Even better than the us model i tried!
  8. lowrez

lowrez no.

Outside of gifts... A couple of good deals. My Red Steinberger XL2A for $1210 Shipped. I couldn't give you a value on it, but I bet it would sell for considerably more.

Also, this Rick 4003 I just picked up, craigslist for $800, pretty thrilled with the deal... I was just the first one to contact him, and had to drive a few hours to get it...
  9. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Kay KB-2 SG-clone for $50.

I've never paid over $260 for a bass, and I have 8 of them.
  10. Would'e?

Would'e?

Both my main basses were deals.

Peavey Foundation 4 circa 1989, bought for $100 in excellent condition from the original owner.

Peavey Millennium BXP AC 4 bought new from the 'bay for $200.
  11. FL Knifemaker

FL Knifemaker

I bought this Reverend 5L damaged for $350. It was as new but had a hole in the upper part of the body. After sitting around my shop for about a year, I decided to patch the hole and put it together. Yes, it's UGLY but.........it sounds BEAUTIFUL :bassist:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

I paid $2200 for my Ritter off the ebay. Some might not consider that a deal, but I sure as hell do. I love that damn bass.
  13. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Not the greatest steal ever but my best so far....'76 Precision for $875.
  14. Gubna

Gubna

My Spector Euro

Blue Quilted

Found it at Guitar Center for $500 - they were moving...

[​IMG][​IMG]
  15. jzbass6

jzbass6 One Nation Under A Groove Supporting Member

Got a Yamaha TRB 6P for $1000.00 when they were first introduced from a guy getting a diviorce, street price at the time was about $1800.00. I still have it, until death do we part.:hyper:
  16. AngryJason

AngryJason

Ok, I think this deal was pretty good; I got a Conklin GT-7 for, um, free.

A friend of mine was looking for a new job, and I got him an appointment with the headhunter that lined me up in my current job. My friend got the job with a 20K annual increase in his base salary. Since the headhunter wasn't going to pay me a "finder's fee", my friend offered me cash, which I refused.

A few days later, he shows up at my place with a dead-mint Conklin GT-7 that he had recently purchased. He is a guitarist, and had bought it on a whim. Knowing that I play bass, he decided to give it to me as a gift for helping him find a better job.

I gladly accepted :)
  17. SUNNyday r.

SUNNyday r.

96 Warwick Corvette and 93 Fortress One for $500 each. A couple of lower end basses too. My absolute favorite is my Ibanez Blazer for $150 used at GC. Also,a Dillion Mosrite style bass for $250 that rules!:D And the ultimate was the $99 Peavey T-40!!:hyper: [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. saxnbass

saxnbass

I got my Sterling for $750 or so from Joel
  19. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

My '91 Rick 4001 Chris Squire. Even trade for my 80s Ovation Legend acoustic, which I had $400 in. Silver case, certificate, the works. Seems they fetch around 5k now, not bad!:)
  20. need4mospd

need4mospd

Friend gave me his Yamaha RX260 because I bought him lunch.