1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Best bass deal you ever got

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chris Breese, May 9, 2007.

1. Chris Breese

Chris Breese

I mean the stankiest steal you ever got on a bass... eBay, garage sale, best friend liquidated his gear or whatever.
  2. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

theres already a big thread about this somewhere on here like from last week but ill play..

I got a 1988 Ibanez Jem77FP Floral Print Steve Vai signature at GC including case candy and mint case for $800 sold it for $1700 a week later..

Also I just picked up my Yamaha TRB1004 for $425 out the door new in box. So thats about $325 off normal price which isnt to shabby
  3. buzzbass

buzzbass

I paid $450 for an Ibanez USA ATK 5 in '96. I'm pretty sure they though it was a Korean and not the USA model. The USAs were supposed to sell for around $1100, if I remember correctly
  4. martin shane

martin shane Guest

I once got an antigua 1978 Fender P-bass for $400 ... bought it from a studio...
  5. Tony G

Tony G

Years ago when I first started playing I got a Vester P/J 4 string for free!!!!!!! It was a gift...
  6. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

In 2004, I got a brand new American Series Precision for $700, when the typical (MF, Sam Ash) price was $949.
  7. artislife1

artislife1

i got a fretless fender (mexican) for 400$ who sounds like crazy!

Even better than the us model i tried!
  8. lowrez

lowrez no.

Outside of gifts... A couple of good deals. My Red Steinberger XL2A for $1210 Shipped. I couldn't give you a value on it, but I bet it would sell for considerably more.

Also, this Rick 4003 I just picked up, craigslist for $800, pretty thrilled with the deal... I was just the first one to contact him, and had to drive a few hours to get it...
  9. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Kay KB-2 SG-clone for $50.

I've never paid over $260 for a bass, and I have 8 of them.
  10. Would'e?

Would'e?

Both my main basses were deals.

Peavey Foundation 4 circa 1989, bought for $100 in excellent condition from the original owner.

Peavey Millennium BXP AC 4 bought new from the 'bay for $200.
  11. FL Knifemaker

FL Knifemaker

I bought this Reverend 5L damaged for $350. It was as new but had a hole in the upper part of the body. After sitting around my shop for about a year, I decided to patch the hole and put it together. Yes, it's UGLY but.........it sounds BEAUTIFUL :bassist:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

I paid $2200 for my Ritter off the ebay. Some might not consider that a deal, but I sure as hell do. I love that damn bass.
  13. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Not the greatest steal ever but my best so far....'76 Precision for $875.
  14. Gubna

Gubna Supporting Member

My Spector Euro

Blue Quilted

Found it at Guitar Center for $500 - they were moving...

[​IMG][​IMG]
  15. jzbass6

jzbass6 One Nation Under A Groove Supporting Member

Got a Yamaha TRB 6P for $1000.00 when they were first introduced from a guy getting a diviorce, street price at the time was about $1800.00. I still have it, until death do we part.:hyper:
  16. AngryJason

AngryJason

Ok, I think this deal was pretty good; I got a Conklin GT-7 for, um, free.

A friend of mine was looking for a new job, and I got him an appointment with the headhunter that lined me up in my current job. My friend got the job with a 20K annual increase in his base salary. Since the headhunter wasn't going to pay me a "finder's fee", my friend offered me cash, which I refused.

A few days later, he shows up at my place with a dead-mint Conklin GT-7 that he had recently purchased. He is a guitarist, and had bought it on a whim. Knowing that I play bass, he decided to give it to me as a gift for helping him find a better job.

I gladly accepted :)
  17. SUNNyday r.

SUNNyday r.

96 Warwick Corvette and 93 Fortress One for $500 each. A couple of lower end basses too. My absolute favorite is my Ibanez Blazer for $150 used at GC. Also,a Dillion Mosrite style bass for $250 that rules!:D And the ultimate was the $99 Peavey T-40!!:hyper: [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. saxnbass

saxnbass

I got my Sterling for $750 or so from Joel
  19. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

My '91 Rick 4001 Chris Squire. Even trade for my 80s Ovation Legend acoustic, which I had $400 in. Silver case, certificate, the works. Seems they fetch around 5k now, not bad!:)
  20. need4mospd

need4mospd

Friend gave me his Yamaha RX260 because I bought him lunch.