Best bass in the £500-£800 range?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JeweyTheroux, Jan 26, 2014.

1. JeweyTheroux

JeweyTheroux

Hey all,

Basically wondering what the opinion is on this one?

Looking for a rock tone, 4 strings, active.
  2. LagBox

LagBox

I'm obviously partial towards them, but you can find a used spector NS2A in that range, or a new equivalent like the legend. they're both active and you can get a nice growly tone out of them.

Whatever you're interested in, see if you can try it out somewhere before buying.
  3. SeanNeedham

SeanNeedham

A good one in that price range, well, it's quite below the price is the Sterling Sub4, which will set you back about £300, then a bit further up the scale there's the Ibanez 600, but as said before it'd be best going and trying things out in a bricks and mortar as whatever one of us suggests it's our own opinions and you may or not like it.
  4. inate_hex

inate_hex

You could try and find a used EBMM in that price bracket. I picked up a Bongo for £700. I love it.
  5. JeweyTheroux

JeweyTheroux

I have been quite intrigued by the Sterling Sub4 - seemingly really good quality for the money?

I'd love a Warwick but can't afford the Thumb, are the Corvette's a decent bass?
  6. SeanNeedham

SeanNeedham

There's quite a few folk on here who like the Sub4, and I've been thinking of getting my hands on one for a bit to see if they are as good as folk say; I'm just waiting for the shop where my tame tech works to get a few in. I used to have a Stingray that I got rid of as it was not getting used much and it was an expensive dust gatherer, I just wish these Subs were around fifteen years ago, things could have been different!

If you're interest is piqued by them, go and have a play with a few, the worst that can happen is you don't like how it feels.

As for the Corvette, I don't really know much about them, as I personally can't get on with Warwicks but same thing applies, go and find one and try it.