1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Best bass in the £500-£800 range?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JeweyTheroux, Jan 26, 2014.

1. JeweyTheroux

JeweyTheroux

Hey all,

Basically wondering what the opinion is on this one?

Looking for a rock tone, 4 strings, active.
  2. LagBox

LagBox

I'm obviously partial towards them, but you can find a used spector NS2A in that range, or a new equivalent like the legend. they're both active and you can get a nice growly tone out of them.

Whatever you're interested in, see if you can try it out somewhere before buying.
  3. SeanNeedham

SeanNeedham

A good one in that price range, well, it's quite below the price is the Sterling Sub4, which will set you back about £300, then a bit further up the scale there's the Ibanez 600, but as said before it'd be best going and trying things out in a bricks and mortar as whatever one of us suggests it's our own opinions and you may or not like it.
  4. inate_hex

inate_hex

You could try and find a used EBMM in that price bracket. I picked up a Bongo for £700. I love it.
  5. JeweyTheroux

JeweyTheroux

I have been quite intrigued by the Sterling Sub4 - seemingly really good quality for the money?

I'd love a Warwick but can't afford the Thumb, are the Corvette's a decent bass?
  6. SeanNeedham

SeanNeedham

There's quite a few folk on here who like the Sub4, and I've been thinking of getting my hands on one for a bit to see if they are as good as folk say; I'm just waiting for the shop where my tame tech works to get a few in. I used to have a Stingray that I got rid of as it was not getting used much and it was an expensive dust gatherer, I just wish these Subs were around fifteen years ago, things could have been different!

If you're interest is piqued by them, go and have a play with a few, the worst that can happen is you don't like how it feels.

As for the Corvette, I don't really know much about them, as I personally can't get on with Warwicks but same thing applies, go and find one and try it.