Best Beginner Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FBS1996, Apr 6, 2011.

1. FBS1996

FBS1996

2. Bozendoka

Bozendoka

3. Moofknock

Moofknock

4. TMBTC

TMBTC

Squier Classic Vibe..... LOTS of Bass for for the money.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jperala

jperala

7. Dusty89

Dusty89

The squire is that classic beginner bass that occupies long hours and grueling practice. When you finally upgrade, It's like taking off your training wheels. Local craigslist, however, is the best way to pick up a very nice bass for a much reduced price. Just be cautious and do research first.

8. darkstorm

darkstorm

The Ibanez SR300, ESP Ltd D4, or ESP Ltd 154DX, or for something simpler but still nicely versative the BC Rich Eagle one with 2band active preamp of choice added.

If your budget allows for more then $400. Then whatever nicest to you bass you can find in that price range. Get a Pedulla, Ken Smith, Zon, or somesuch if its budgetable ok and you really like them better then lower price stuff youve tried out.

9. Boyakasha

Boyakasha

SX, definitely, you don't know if you will like bass yet, the SX are quality instruments at the best price, or get an used one, but if you want a new one I'd definitely go for an SX.

10. Planetsmasher

Planetsmasher

I agree with the Squire. It's a great bass first of all, so you wont get frustrated by the instrument holding you back. (you'll get frustrated, just not by the equiptment). Actually, my best buddie has a Squire Pbass, and I can find not one bad thing to say about it.

And secondly, if you have a kick at the can, and decide that Bass isn't for you... you don't have a pile of money tied up in it. Sell it for a 50$ bath and you have paid next to nothing to briefly be part of the coolest club on the face of the earth.

11. jabsys

jabsys

Squier VM or CV

12. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Supporting Member

People ask this all the time, but really it's "best" in terms of what? I have a hard time thinking of anything that makes a bass better for beginners than for pros other than the fact that beginners might not want to spend as much money for a particular tone. It's like learning to drive -- you can learn how to drive in a used Chevy or a new Mercedes, both have a steering wheel, gas and brakes. In a bass, you want four strings and pickups that work. Beyond that, it's what you want to spend. If you want to spend $2000, there's no reason you can't learn on a Rickenbacker or a Stingray or whatever. If you want to spend $200, learn on an SX or a Squier.

13. LennyPenny

LennyPenny

Glad to see some Squiers here, ordered one myself two weeks ago (still hasn't arrived..).

14. chokeslam512

chokeslam512

The best bass for ANYTHING (yes, for beginners, *insert style* and even teh br00tulest of m3TalZ) is the one that you can afford, that feels good to you and that produces a tone that you like.

15. jperala

jperala

Heh, no LTD for me.. i did try Ibanez SR300 and hit money on the desk. Now i have it and it nice :hyper: