1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Best bridge?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by MrBalloonHands, Aug 26, 2013.

1. MrBalloonHands

MrBalloonHands

I would like to change my bridge on my Fender Deluxe Jazz V but I don't know which one to choose. I would like to get a deep punchy tone with some nice sustain. I don't know where to begin looking as far as bridges are concerned. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
  2. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Use the bridge you think looks best.
  3. Red rider

Red rider

I hear the Badass II is the one to use on the fender Jazz. I would like to replace my bridge on A Peavy foundation. Any suggestions?
  4. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

A Babicz full contact hardware bridge is great IMO. It even has the feature of locking so it doesn't move or anything.
  5. camthebassman

camthebassman Supporting Member

+1 for the Babicz. It's a beefy piece of hardware. I have one on my homebuilt PBass.
  6. Fit4pain

Fit4pain Supporting Member

7. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

I've got a babicz, a badass, a schaller, and a stock L plate, all on jazz basses and I can't tell enough difference in tone/sound to say which one is better in that respect. For playability however, the machined locking bridges are my favorites. Short of any other way to describe it, the strings feel more planted?
  8. nopalfunk

nopalfunk

I'm looking for an old peavy foundation bridge, please let me know if you are interested in sell it...
  9. georgestrings

georgestrings Supporting Member

I have one from a Foundation 5 I'd sell cheap...

- georgestrings
  10. nopalfunk

nopalfunk

I supposed it's form a 5 strings bass, right? I'm looking a 4 strings bridge. If I'm wrong please send me pics....
  11. nopalfunk

nopalfunk

I'm looking for this one
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1387946725.824263.jpg