1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Best Budget Amp

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by recode, Jan 30, 2014.

1. recode

recode

Guys, im looking for a good budget amp, price max. 150 euro. I think Ampeg BA-108 and Warwick BC20 are cool, any other suggestions? And what you think about those ones?
  2. High Camp

High Camp

Do you need the amp for homepractice only, or do you want to rehearse with a band, or for gigging also?
    Because an Ampeg BA108 may sound nice, but you'll never be heard next to a drummer, for instance.
  3. Vince Klortho

Vince Klortho

In the USA, I see a lot of used Hartke 3500s for between $150 and $250. I am not sure what used ones go for in Europe but you might want to see what kind of deal you can find on one of those.
  4. recode

recode

Hi. Yeah, i need a small amp only for home practice. :>
  5. swamp_bass

swamp_bass I love it when a groove comes together Supporting Member

This is what I did for my first amp, only mine was cheaper: a used Hartke 2500. It's a keeper. Used for the win!
  6. Linnin

Linnin

New Fender Rumble 40's are coming your way. Give them a serious listen. Soooo much better than their competition. You can thank me later.
  7. Pimmsley

Pimmsley

8. High Camp

High Camp

Tested the BA108 and BA110 (amongst others) at the local musicstore today.
    The BA108 is IMHO perfect for home practice, as well as the BA110.
    No need to spend extra cash.