Best customer service experience

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by -Asdfgh-, Apr 13, 2014.

1. -Asdfgh-

-Asdfgh-

Inspired by the sweetwater thread...

The best for me is when I bought an instrument mail order from a fairly small place 30 miles away, and one of their people dropped it round to me personally rather than sending it by courier or post because they happened to be in town.
  2. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

I had a great experience with Aguilar, when my TH500 head developed an intermittent problem: periodically there'd be some "fizzy" grit in the sustain of notes, when I had the controls set to be clean.

Marco P. emailed me an RA number, they benched it and changed the preamp board, and sent it back to me without a shipping charge.
  3. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

FWIW: Sweetwater, MF, 8th ST, Amazon, and etc have all been great - and I pretty much know everyone here where I live, so I get A+ local customer service too.
  4. Mike Sorr

Mike Sorr Hack with nice gear. Supporting Member

Babicz bar none. I bought a Babicz bridge on eBay that was supposed to be new about a year ago. I changed my mind on a build so I didn't need to use it right away. When I finally did need it and opened what appeared to be new packaging, I discovered that not only was it not new, it was missing a few screws and springs. I contacted Babicz through their website and got an email from Jeff Babicz himself. He said he would be happy to mail me the needed parts if I emailed him a picture of what I had. They arrived a few days after my email AND at no charge. Pretty awesome customer service if you ask me.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bassic Playing

Bassic Playing

Already a thread for it but Jason from Bass Strings Online once walked me through an order that I was having some real trouble with regarding shipping.
  7. singlemalt

singlemalt Supporting Member

BSO is exemplary to buy from and has become my first choice for strings, tuners, and whatever else they might happen to stock that I need.

When I had a new power amp from Carvin start acting up, they sent me a new amp, same day, based on my conversation with the Customer Service rep. They included a paid return label and asked me to mail the defective amp back at my convenience. Pretty smooth.

Zzounds return policy works as advertised, if you don't like it send it back. If there is a problem they will pick up return shipping.

Even my experiences with GC, as far as ordering gear to be shipped to a local store for pickup, have been smooth.

I live in the sticks, so getting to a store involves hours of driving and the horrors of city traffic. Online shopping has spoiled me for most of my retail purchases.
  8. bachlover

bachlover Supporting Member

I thought I had to have a washer installed on my truss rod because I thought it was maxed out. I phoned Steve's Guitar Services www.calgaryguitarrepair.com to ask how difficult it would be for Steve to do this. He told me to bring it down, he'd do it for free. Turned out that he just had to add a dab of silicon at the end of the nut. He also oiled the fretboard, and then adjusted the nut slot for my B by adding baking soda and super glue than filing it down. He then tightened up the tuning peg slots on the headstock I find it inspiring to find someone who enjoys working around instruments as much as he obviously does. I'm particularly inspired when it doesn't cost me any$!
  9. Jim Campbell

Jim Campbell Banned

westburne electric.....bought a new fluke clamp meter,top o the line.... freq function not working.....replaced no questions, but same problem...third one works great 10 years later......
  10. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

My best customer service story didn't really start out as a "best", but certainly ended up that way. I had an Epiphone Jack Casady bass that I got used. Beautiful Vintage Sunburst, but it was missing the little round disk that sits underneath the setting knob (similar to the "Lead"/"Rhythm" disk on a Les Paul guitar, but on the lower part of the body).

Local GC said they'd order one for me. A month goes by and I hear nothing. Check with them and they tell me that the part has to come from Asia (I think Japan, but I could be wrong); and they'll only ship something when they have a large order to ship.

I wait another month - nothing. So I write a letter to Gibson's Customer Service explaining the situation. I also said something like how ridiculous it seems that it would take so long to get a small part like that, etc.

Two days later, I get a call from somebody from Gibson. He says he'll get on it immediately, and I'll have the part soon and free of charge.

Within a week, I get a package. Inside is my part, a personal letter of apology from Gibson CEO Henry Juszkiewicz, and a beautiful coffee table book about the Gibson company.

Now THAT is customer service, and I will never forget their helpfulness and kindness...