1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Best D-tuner for Classic Vibe Jazz?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by dwjazz54, Dec 16, 2013.

1. dwjazz54

dwjazz54 Supporting Member

Hey all-
    Decided to ask for a D-tuner for my Classic Vibe Jazz for Christmas. I've no personal experience with D-tuners, but I find myself tuning in drop D for a lot of my current project's stuff, so looking to make it more convenient for me.
    Anyway, any recommendations as to any specific models I should consider? It seems as though Hipshot has a corner on the market, but is there a specific model I should be looking at? I'm concerned that I might order one that won't fit.
    Not really worried about drilling new holes in the back of the headstock (just installed some Sperzels on my neighbor's Epi Les Paul, which required a bit of drilling but worked out great!) - more concerned that the plates might not be the right size and crowd each other.
    Thanks in advance!
  2. Tbone76

Tbone76

If you contact Hipshot directly, they should be able to advise you which model will fit for your particular bass.
  3. Biggbass

Biggbass

I have Hipshot D tuners on both my Sadowsky basses and use them regularly. It's a great design and a well made piece of gear. Easy install and set up without any permanent mods to the bass.
  4. dwjazz54

dwjazz54 Supporting Member

Thanks, will do!