best distortion pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by marbass00, Jan 8, 2014.

1. marbass00

marbass00

I want something that holds up on the low end.. I've got a fender jazz and an ampeg combo. What is your favorite for under $200?:confused:

2. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

What kind of sound are you looking for? There are many flavors of distortion out there.

You may want to spend some time reading threads and looking for clips to see if something sparks your interest, even if it's just to point you in the right direction.

3. skulletwhip

skulletwhip

It really depends on the type of distortion you want.

Got any examples of a sound you're going after?

Try spending a day on YouTube searching stuff out. I bet you can find something cool.

4. jasmangan

jasmangan

I run my jazz through an iron ether qf2 and it sounds great. No low end loss. That would be a good place to start in my humble opinion.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. cnltb

cnltb

My msd silverstone sound fantastic and is really quite versatile in terms of the voices you get out of it!
    The Rat2 sounds good too;different but good.( with that one it seems that they all sound different so trying a few in the shop might be a good idea.
    I want a cogeffects "knightfall" at the moment! http://www.cogeffects.co.uk/knightfall.php and I'm keen to try the creationudiolabs holy fire.