Best Effect for Acoustic Bass

Discussion in 'Ask Adam Nitti' started by Glockburg, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Glockburg

Glockburg Supporting Member

Hi Adam, I play out in an acoustic duo. I play an Ibanez acoustic electric bass through a Behringer BX4500 head and 4X 10 cab. I like the sound, but I'm wondering if I am optimizing or maximizing it. For my set up in the type of group we are, what pedal would you recommend or would you as a primary effect to help me get the most sound out of my system?
  2. HeavyJazz77

HeavyJazz77 Supporting Member

Take a listen to Dan Berglund on Esbjorn Svensson Trio "Strange Place For Snow". He brilliantly uses a variety of effects with his double bass and it's actually just one of those Line 6 Floor units for bass. You'll see them in the classifieds here from time to time.
  3. Glockburg

Thanks, mines not an upright acoustic, it's a standard 4 string hollow body
  4. adamnitti

adamnitti

hi glockburg-

i suppose that would depend on what you consider to be 'optimized'. if you already like the sound, then you are in a good place already, but modifying or enhancing the sound would really depend on what it is you are going for. there are so many different pedal and effect options out there… you have a lot of choices. what is it you would like to hear more of?

adam

p.s. i just ordered an ibanez acoustic, myself… looking forward to getting my hands on it this week! :)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SteveV74

SteveV74

Dont efx defeat the purpose of an acoustic bass?
  7. Glockburg

I'm happy with the sound, you answered my question. I just wanted to ask a professional. Thx so much
  8. Exploiter8

Exploiter8 I'm no gynecologist but I'll take a look. Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Commercial FREE!
    I feel I'm already cheating by using an amp!

X8