1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

best head to match with a markbass cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by dustin17, Aug 31, 2013.

1. dustin17

dustin17

Hello,

First time poster here.

I am looking for the best quality head for around $600 to match up with my Markbass 2x10 Cabinet and my Music Man Sterling4. A few friends of mine have blown up Markbass heads, which is what i was leaning toward (little mark 3).

Any suggestions on a more solid amp for that kind of money?

Thanks all.

-dustin
  2. Richardee62

Richardee62

If you like that Markbass tone a Little Mark III is hard to beat. Try out the Black 250 little mark. Sounds like not enough power I know but the db is crazy on that thing. If you play it through an efficient cab such as your markbass 2x10 it is plenty loud. Save a few bucks. Same tone. Same preamp. I have both heads and another 800 watt Traynor. I've owned 20 or so heads, maybe more. GK, Ampeg, Hartke, Peavey, and several others. I like the ease of use of the Markbass. The tone is what my ear wants to here. I can get it with others but they cost more to get that tone. Usually they weigh more and take up more space. Just a personal preference. To each his on. Good luck and play many before you decide.