1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Best pedal for $50 or less?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Kazz3lrath, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Kazz3lrath

Kazz3lrath

2. Tractorr

Tractorr Supporting Member

Media:
    Check out the Joyo stuff. I have the Ultimate Drive and I like it a lot.

They have what looks like a really awesome metal pedal, JF-17 Extreme Metal. There is a video somewhere for it and it seems pretty cool on guitar. Don't know how it would be on bass.

3. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

I haven't heard anything about the Joyo pedals, but I have a little experience with the behringer offerings as well as the Dano stuff and I would avoid both at all costs.

4. Tractorr

Media:
    The Ultimate Drive is a clone of the OCD. The controls don't seem as sensitive as the OCD's but it sounds just as good. So in other words, a pedal with the sound but slightly less flexibility for a third the price of the real deal.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Kazz3lrath

Kazz3lrath

Cool, I'll look into that, and avoid the Behringer pedal. Do you have any suggestions for a stoner/doom pedal?

7. zachoff

zachoff

EHX Mole. It's awesome for putting before your disto pedal.

8. Tractorr

Media:
    The Ultimate Drive works for more sort of Black Sabbathy kind of tones but it won't work for super insane distortion. I would bet some of the other Joyo pedals could do that though.

9. FilterFunk

FilterFunk

I'm going purely on sound quality here, not build quality, durability, etc., because I'm a home studio guy. I love my Behringer TM300 Tube Amp Modeler. I have no idea how well it models amps, but of all the dirt pedals I've tried, I like the TM300 the best. It's very warm, has plenty of low end, and really sounds like "traditional" overdrive/distortion as opposed to fuzz. I'm no dirt pedal expert, but I have a decent idea of what sounds good. And it goes for about $25 bucks or less new.

10. JuanBass0012

JuanBass0012

11. picerjamo

picerjamo

I have the Ultimate Drive and I like it a lot.[​IMG][​IMG]

12. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Danelectro pedals. these pedals sounds awesome on bass. If you're interested in chorus pedals, check out the danelectro fab chorus pedal($15) or the danelectro cc-1 cool cat chorus($50). both great sounding chorus pedals for the price.

13. Luke19Boarder

Luke19Boarder

I've got the fab overdrive, and fab echo. They never got a TON of use, but the best cheap pedals I've played by a long shot.

14. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

That's cool. I've heard how the cool cat transparent overdrive sounded on bass. it sounded pretty cool. it's got an edgy sound to it. and I'll bet the fab overdrive has that same edge too.

15. MilkyMcMilkMilk

MilkyMcMilkMilk

I've got a Danelectro Fish and Chips 7band eq that's good.
    Love my $45 Nano Bass balls

16. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Digitech Bad Monkey Tube OD.
    IMO it's the best built, best sounding pedal under $50 out there.

17. eukatheude

eukatheude

The behringer distortions are terrible. Get a Boss DS1 and mod the hell out of it/get someone to mod the hell out of it to you. Al Cisneros uses it too.