1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Best Piece of gear you added in 2012???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jake8773, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Jake8773

Jake8773

What piece of gear did you add to the stable in 2012 that you just can't live without big or small?

I love my padded Planet waves straps. I know it's a small thing but hell, I can play all night with these things -I don't even feel my guitar anymore. Seriously, prior to them I used to get horrible back aches!!!
  2. mournblade

mournblade

2012 Silverburst Gibson Explorer Bass. Love the TBird pickups.
  3. jet_king

jet_king

Modulus Bassstar graphite neck. slick looking neck, and feels so fine!
  4. Matt Wilson

Matt Wilson

My Lakland DJ4!!!!!!!
  5. Chrisk-K

Chrisk-K

Picks. I've used only my fingers for the past 20 years or so. Playing with a pick makes me play the bass very differently, phrasing-wise.
  6. Aznslappadabass

Aznslappadabass

Up until about August of last year I played a traben array 4. But after several years of playing on and off I realized I wasn't getting the sound I wanted out of it as well as it stopped being the sound that I had in mind. After taking a serious look at the music I listened to and research I made my first well informed bass purchase in a SBMM Ray34. While there are times I wish I got a different finish, I love the sound and feel. I've determined that to get the coverage of sounds I want I'll have to pair a ray and precision. So that's on my list as soon and I get a respectable combo amp.
  7. agent77

agent77 Tin Foil Hat Wearer Supporting Member

CIJ Mustang
  8. IronLung1986

IronLung1986

music man bongo 5 - my first 5 string. before playing this bass i always found 5 strings awkward and difficult to manage, but the bongo's nice neck and 17.5mm spacing changed all that. it's nice to realize i'm not limited to 4 strings like i thought!
  9. bassteban

bassteban

Eden WT-330. *My* tone
  10. RadioactiveGuy4

RadioactiveGuy4

Fender Modern Player Jazz Bass. lots of tone goodness
  11. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

MIne's gotta be this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  12. dbnet03

dbnet03

Birdsong bass
  13. dorknowitzki

dorknowitzki

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector
    darkglass b3k finland version. but i might upgrade to b7k this year
  14. George M.

George M.

SWR Mr. Tone Controls, extremely rare 9 band semi-parametric EQ, designed and hand made by Steve Rabe himself, especially for bass guitar equalization. It was made aproximately 200 pieces, only for SWR endorsers and never was available for sale.
    I love it! Sounds fantastic!! :hyper:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. Lowactnsatsfctn

Lowactnsatsfctn

An Eden WTDI. I should have bought one of these long ago. I mainly sold gear to fund some new cabs, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
  16. Santraginus

Santraginus

I added only one piece of gear: a Sadowsky JJ 4-string. But with my p/j, it made me reduce my fretted basses to only 2. Got rid of the fiver.
  17. SpecialBlender

SpecialBlender

Genz Benz Shuttle Max 12.0. Currently running through a Peavey TX410. Not the best cab in the world but the GB 12.0 has the EQ possibilities to really make it work. This year target is either a GB Neo212 or Uber 212.

Then I believe I will have found Nirvana.
  18. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well! Supporting Member

An SWR Super Redhead combo w/Son of Bertha ext. cab... Best gear purchase I've ever made.
  19. Diesel Kilgore

Diesel Kilgore

I added quite a few things. But I love my VM Jag. Great bass and has a fantastic fit and feel to me. Wanna buy another and case it and closet it so I can have a fresh one years from now. :D
  20. Fuzzbassian

Fuzzbassian

'79 Rick.I spent hours stacking supermarket shelves to buy it,and it was totally worth every penny
    [​IMG]