1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Best Polyphonic Pitch shifter pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Darknut, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Darknut

Darknut Supporting Member

The guitar player in my band & myself are looking for a pitch shift pedal that will allow us to tune up & down a half step & retain as close to the original sound as possible.

We don't need it to do whammy stuff ... just change the tuning & the smaller the better.

I've been looking .... the EHX Ring Thing & Slammi seem to sound the best (on youtube vids at lease) from what I've seen so far.

Any suggestions.
  2. Spaldo

Spaldo

3. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 Supporting Member

A lot of people like the Ring Thing's pitch-shifting, but I find that its latency makes unusable for most serious applications (note: I LOVE how the pedal sounds otherwise, it's been on my board for years and I have no plans to dump it.) The new Whammy V (and the just announced Bass Whammy) both have excellent polyphonic tracking and drop-tune capabilities.

Can't comment on the Slammi but the design just doesn't appeal to me.
  4. 4StringsEnough

4StringsEnough

Although it will do a lot more than you need, the DigiTech Whammy DT is the only pedal that will do what you want. AFAIK the Morpheus Droptune is discontinued.
  5. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right? Supporting Member

I can vouch for the Droptune being pretty great on guitar when it's distorted. Latency is unnoticeable and tone is great. Clean tone is not as great but better for smaller increments. The tone isn't really acceptable on bass.