1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Best Quality/Price Pickup for Double Bass?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Man_do_Lixo, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Man_do_Lixo

Man_do_Lixo

Hello guys,

Can you tell me some pickups options for Double Bass?
    It's for Jazz, Bossa and i don't want to spend more than 100€...

Thank you ;)
  2. what the pluck

what the pluck

Hey there,
    You might want to check in the 'Amps, mics and pickups' category. There's an interesting post I think it's called 'micing with a bass amp' where a few people have had great success with clip on tie microphones (me included) The whole thing cost $13. Admittedly I have only tested it with recording and got a great sound. The big test for it is tonight at a rehearsal through a pa. Otherwise for under $100 I don't think there is really a great range if dedicated db pickups to choose from. A k&k might be around that price, they are really simple to use and install.

Cheers
  3. RenanDias

RenanDias

Under $100 the K&K Bass Max would do the job. Of course, as any other pickup it dependes on your bass to match and sound good.
    For a bit over 100 bucks I think Revolution Solo II (Upton Bass) is the best option.
  4. awreck

awreck

I've had the same bassmax on five basses now and it has always done the job. I'm sure there are better pickups but bang for the buck and 11 years on the same one has to say some thing.
  5. Basshilde

Basshilde Supporting Member

Thanks for the info. I had not heard of this brand.