1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Best reccomended pedal board??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cire113, Dec 8, 2012.

1. cire113

cire113

I'm looking for a real solid bit not crazy expensive for all my pedals..

My old board just broke and I'm looking for a good new board..

Any gold standards out there?

2. Im a sock

Im a sock

3. andvari7

andvari7

It all depends on how many pedals you want in your chain. Pedaltrain is very popular, but there are others here who would advise against them. I like the Pedaltrain-1, but I am going to build my own again, only this time, get it right.

4. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    I use this pedalboard from Rondo- http://www.rondomusic.com/pdc410j.html
    Really solid, $70. They have larger sizes as well. If that's too much money (or too much case) they have some lighter weight ones that are also pretty nice for the dough.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Got2SadowskyNYC

Got2SadowskyNYC

Disclosures:
    Artist: Sadowsky, Bag End, Visual Sound, Pedaltrain, George L
    I highly recommend Pedaltrain. I used mine, on the road for years and never had an issue. I've had an PT2 and now have a PT PRO. Both have the ATA flight case. Countless miles in the bay of a bus or a trailer. All over the US and Canada.

I have many friends that use them, on the road, and never a problem. You can almost run them over with your car but the board is light weight. You'd be surprise how many pros use them on a daily basis and have for years.

I'm not sure who these people are that "advise against them". In 10 years of pedal board use, I've NEVER heard anyone say a negative thing about Pedaltrain.

And before you ask, NO I don't get them for free.

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot

8. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

Not as much travel or abuse with mine, but I've gotten a lot of good miles out of my PT2 with the flight case and would recommend one to anyone looking for a dependable, well designed board.

9. Poopoutyouridea

Poopoutyouridea

Well, you could always get some nice wood and make your own. I know I would, if I had any pedals.

10. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

I sold my PT-2 and Voodoo Lab PP2+. I realized that was overkill for my gentle usage and non-touring gigging.

I now use a piece of plywood with rubber feet, finished in orange Duratex, powered by a one-spot. Works just as well, takes up less space. When I get more pedals, I'll use a bigger piece of plywood.

11. wabbit

wabbit

This is what I use. These cases are fantastic, really well built and feel great when you snuggle up to them in bed at night .... *ahem* ... from what I've heard. I'd bet it would also stay crunchy in milk.

Not sure if it's out of your price range as you didn't really specify.

Good luck in your search however. :)

http://www.diago.co.uk/pedalboards/diago-pedalboards.html

12. BassIsFun17

BassIsFun17 Supporting Member

i use a pedaltrain jr with soft case and a 1 spot adaptar and daisy chain. it was about $130 investment total for that. and then about $30 for all my patch cables from planetwaves, just the 6inch ones. i think with the amount of gigging i do, it does great and worth the investment.