1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Best Sounding Eden Amp (pre US/Marshall sale)

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by sleevey55, Dec 4, 2013.

1. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Want your opinions on the best sounding and built Older Eden heads. I have a 97 WT400 and it rules (IMO). Anyone else??:D
  2. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

No opinion except I have a 1997 Eden 400.
    I think it rules also.
  3. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

I have a '95 WT300 upgraded to 400 specs. It rules also :). Just was never sure it sounded better than the VT.25 I had before that with the original preamp design. But that head had overheating issues and the 400 has been a rock. Not long ago I briefly owned a VT.4 just to check my thinking on the comparative sound of the two preamps. I could tell almost no difference from the 400 in sound so I sold the .4.
  4. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

WT-400. Bought mine new in November 1997, and haven't thought about another amp until last December when I played a GK MB-200 (? the little bitty amp that's about 4 pounds) which made me start thinking of a new light-weight amp. When I was gigging regularly I had two WT-400 (second one from around 2001 got to augment the original one, and a WT-500. My original 400 was slightly warmer sounding (which could be just my brain and have NO relevant reference to reality).

John
  5. BackonBass13

BackonBass13 Supporting Member

I had a WT 300 in the mid nineties and it was awesome sounding.