Best Sounding Eden Amp (pre US/Marshall sale)

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by sleevey55, Dec 4, 2013.

1. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Want your opinions on the best sounding and built Older Eden heads. I have a 97 WT400 and it rules (IMO). Anyone else??:D

2. MrLenny1

MrLenny1 Supporting Member

No opinion except I have a 1997 Eden 400.
    I think it rules also.

3. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

I have a '95 WT300 upgraded to 400 specs. It rules also :). Just was never sure it sounded better than the VT.25 I had before that with the original preamp design. But that head had overheating issues and the 400 has been a rock. Not long ago I briefly owned a VT.4 just to check my thinking on the comparative sound of the two preamps. I could tell almost no difference from the 400 in sound so I sold the .4.

4. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

WT-400. Bought mine new in November 1997, and haven't thought about another amp until last December when I played a GK MB-200 (? the little bitty amp that's about 4 pounds) which made me start thinking of a new light-weight amp. When I was gigging regularly I had two WT-400 (second one from around 2001 got to augment the original one, and a WT-500. My original 400 was slightly warmer sounding (which could be just my brain and have NO relevant reference to reality).

John

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BackonBass13

BackonBass13 Supporting Member

I had a WT 300 in the mid nineties and it was awesome sounding.

7. bassfreakah

bassfreakah Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    WT-300 is my main gig rig i use it with a swr 1-15 and sometimes add a 210. it has been a great smaller rig. I went from a full svt tube set up.

8. Sid the Kid

Sid the Kid

I have a '95 WT300 that also sounds amazing. Perfect power match up with my 4 ohm D212XLT. I'm like a bass pig in tone ****.

9. blowinblue

blowinblue official non-user of Fender and Ampeg Supporting Member

Having owned just one Eden product I'm certainly no authority on which Eden amp is the 'best' sounding. I can tell you this. My WT-400 is a very good sounding amp. I've never tired of its tone, features, and format after countless gigs and rehearsals. It has been reliable for nearly twelve years. Never failed me on a gig. Besides the tube, I've had to replace a sketchy power switch and swap out the four screws that attach the fan with a superior setup of bolts/nuts due to vibration issues. Truth be told, one of the original screws had stripped its hole due to being overtightened at the factory. And the transformer has always had some mechanical hum. Not a perfect amp but definitely a keeper. Mine was built in 9/2002 just before the USM Corp sale...in Montrose MN. :smug: It doesn't see much use these days but there are no plans to part with it. Of course, it's still in 'like new' condition.

M. M. :)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  10. rlsuarezv

rlsuarezv

As I recently posted on another subject, the Eden WT300B I used to have was the best of all the Eden amplifiers I've had.

11. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

I had a WT400 and a WT800B at the same time and the WT400 seemed to always stay home.

12. johnpbass

johnpbass

WT400. To my ear it had a warmer tone than any of the other WT series, even the WT800. For those that like a tighter crisper tone, I thought the WT550 was the winner there.

13. okcrum

okcrum in your chest

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Dark Horse strings
    WT405. It's a 2 ohm capable WT400 with a great pre and compressor.

14. Kellymack

Kellymack Supporting Member

Loved my WT 550's tone, like the versatility of the WT 800