1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

best tab website ???????

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by Bubbatrucker, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Bubbatrucker

Bubbatrucker

what is the best tab website for bass players.. i would like imput on what you all think is the best site...

i like songsterr.com but i dont like how they have a flute ( or whatever ) for the vocals...

guitar pro 6 don't like it would be any better than songsterr.com

ultimate-guitar.com is just junk in my opinion...

I do like you-tab.com , i do like it alot BUT BUT BUT, they dont have much of a choice for bass tabs .. i like how they play the actual song, with vocals, and top it off with the youtube video of the song, so you can actually play along with the ENTIRE song and not a flute playing the vocals...

my quesiton is, does anyone know of a site that plays the actual songs with vocals and have the tabs as well ... something like you-tab.com ....

thanks,

Bubba
  2. Sin_Nombre

Sin_Nombre

3. obimark

obimark

Ultimate-guitar and songsterr are both good, provided you USE your ears to determine if something is a garbage tab or not, there are plenty of tabs on both that are copied directly from Guitar World bass tabs, so they are fairly accurate.
    But as with any tab you had better have a decent ear to know whether something is garbage or not.
  4. SR Addict

SR Addict

This is one of my, if not my very favorite learning tool at the moment. Provided you can kill the latency issues right out of the box, it's a solid tool. This game kicked my ass when I downloaded the Rush pack. :p

A lot of fun. And you can show off to your friends with a real guitar rather than a plastic one.
  5. GroovyQ

GroovyQ

911tabs.com
  6. Robertjoel

Robertjoel

^^
    it links to most of the reputable tab sites, can't really go wrong
  7. bluesbassbkf

bluesbassbkf

big bass tabs,,
  8. obimark

obimark

911 Tabs is no more accurate than any other site, because all it does is point to other sites like Ultimate-GUitar etc... its convenient but no more authentic.
  9. rydin4lifebass

rydin4lifebass

There is also a lot of disrepancy between the rating on 911Tabs and the actual tab rating on the specific site. For example, a tab might be on 911Tabs as a 4.8 (out of 5) but only a 3.67 on Ultimate Guitar (or whatever site it's linked to). I do use 911Tabs, but as you said, it is convenient and useful, but not necessarily correct.
  10. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

Songsterr
  11. mike phillips

mike phillips

yup, songsterr
  12. pumpkinking39

pumpkinking39

I personally use Ultimate-Guitar and if the tab is junk or if its not completely accurate, i can usually figure it out by ear as long as the tab gives me the basic idea. Or i just don't use tabs.