Best technique for the right hand?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by tiritos, Jan 2, 2014.

1. tiritos

tiritos

What is the best technique for the right hand? What is the easiest to learn?
  2. Jbassrockboy

Jbassrockboy

3. Fergie Fulton

Fergie Fulton

They are as easy as each other, every technique comes with its own parameters, some may seem slower than others, or is that faster than others to learn?????
    But in the end they will all catch up and function in the same way because it is not the technique so much.... as the way you use it, its how you think about it.
    Think simple use within easy music and either one will be easy to learn, think about intricate use within music and either one will be harder to learn.
    Its the music you choose to play that makes the use of any technique harder. :)

What ever one you choose work on it and practice it, i would recommend learning to use both as each has their own unique characteristic and strengths that as a beginner you cannot even begin to appreciate yet. :)
  4. Lownote38

Lownote38

The one that works for you is the best for you. I use a pick to get certain rock tones, but mostly my fingers. I would say my speed with either is about the same, and they were both just as easy to learn.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DrJKO

DrJKO

I see that everyone here is talking about fingers "vs" pick but as you probably know there are plenty other of other techniques for right hand such as : tapping, slap/pop, sweeping, strumming etc. All these techniques can be executed in different ways aswell lol
  7. Jbassrockboy

Jbassrockboy