Best way to run two signals?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by AndrewM, Dec 31, 2013.

1. AndrewM

AndrewM

I was looking into running two parallel signals, one clean and the other with some light distortion just to give the tone a bit of bite and grittiness. A Boss LS-2 seemed perfect for this, but I also want to be able to switch to just the clean signal or just the distortion signal at any moment. I know that the LS-2 can blend two signals, but is it capable of allowing me to switch between both signals, one signal, or the other signal?

This is a new concept to me, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this. If the LS-2 is not a viable option, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
  2. yaksonator

yaksonator Supporting Member

Badger schism, excellent for this! Or wounded paw blender.
  3. AndrewM

AndrewM

So let's see if I understand correctly:
    With the Schism, since its 3 parallel channels, I could run one channel as having both a clean signal AND a distortion signal, and then keep the other two dedicated to either clean OR distortion?
  4. yaksonator

Yes, but remember the "third channel on the schism is only clean. Channel a and b usually are set up like you want.. distortion in one channel, clean in the other.. I did that all the time when I had one.
  5. AndrewM

AndrewM

Alright, thank you for clarifying. And by turning on the footswitch for Channels 1 and 2, it simply blends the two channels?
  6. yaksonator

Yep, It does that one thing the ls2 couldn't do which was what you explained you wanted, the ability to blend and select one or the other. I used mine to blend fuzz and distortion then if I needed to keep some more low-end I unmuted the third channel!

It has TONS of volume.
  7. AndrewM

AndrewM

This sounds like the product for me then! Thank you for being very helpful and informative.

If I could bother you with just one more question though, how exactly would I connect everything? The number of inputs/outputs on the Schism is a bit daunting to me, as I haven't dealt with this before.
  8. yaksonator

All effects you have, distortion/fuzz whatever they are will get a signal from the SENDS. Then when you have all the pedals you want in say channel a, you go to the RETURN of the schism for channel a. And repeat that for channel b. That part is exactly like the boss ls2.
  9. AndrewM

AndrewM

Looks like the schism is the way to go then. Any idea how much they typically cost new? I emailed the company about it so now I'm waiting for a response