BG250 115 or 210 live giging experience's ?????

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Davyo, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Yes,,,, I searched and read the thread's as much as I could stand but still did not completely get a clear answer.

Im in a fairly loud rock cover band,,, for my bigger gigs/rooms I use my series ll GK stack MB210 + 210MBE extension cab and never have to really crank it to much past half on the gain or master,,, with no PA support.

With the same loudish band Im still wondering how the BG250 115 or 210 would do with no PA support in a smaller venue (100 or so people usually).

I did use the BG250 115 a few weeks ago in a med size venue and it covered it but with not much headroom to spare, I also had the 115 on a tilt back stand,,,,,, but with that being said Im still back to square one as I recently purchased a new Ibanez bass that is much bigger sounding than the bass I used before with the BG250 115 a few weeks ago.

For what its worth all my bass's are BEAD tuned and I live a lot on my low B.

The 210 is going to push more air than a 115 so perhaps I might get a tad bit more volume, ,,, but the again in TC's reply email to me they claimed the 115 and 210 are about the same volume wise.

This is just very frustrating not being able to personally demo the 210.

Anyhow,,, how has the BG250 115 or 210 done for those of you that have used it for live gigs with no PA support.

Thanks in advance for any feedback from anyone with personal live impressions of the BG250 in a live giging situation.

Cheers
    Davyo

2. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Geeze,,, a week later and no replies/feedback on my thread question.

I guess no one here on this forum owns the BG250 115 or 210 version.

Cheers
    Davyo

3. Mike Law

Mike Law

BG250 - 115 I just bought. First gig with it was yesterday outdoor no PA reinforcement. I had the amp on 5 gain and 5 master and it was perfect. So far I am very pleased even though it's only been a few days.

4. gleneg61

gleneg61

Why not just use ur GK 210 (combo?) 4 the smaller gigs, or r u jonesing 4 tone prints? From what I've read on here n elsewhere, GK slays TC in all areas.

CL400Peavey likes this.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    This.