Big disappointment

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by BoomBoomOGTL, Feb 2, 2013.

1. BoomBoomOGTL

BoomBoomOGTL Supporting Member

I'm in NYC this weekend and was excited about checking out the Custom Shop in the East Village. I wanted to check out some custom Streamers as well as pick up a couple parts for my 3 German Warwicks hoping to get them (much, hopefully) cheaper than those prices listed on the German Warwick webpage and shipped to me here in the USA). I called earlier in the week to confirm their Sat hours were 10-2. Psyched.

I got there at noon today to find this....

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1359833990.012833.jpg

Closed!!! Bummer.
  2. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

Same thing happened to Me in Memphis at the ST Blues Shop.
  3. uOpt

uOpt Supporting Member

New England and NYC has this weird thing going on where closing whenever without letting anybody know is somehow considered acceptable. Here around Boston you can stand in front of a major chain supermarket, door closed, signs say it's open.
  4. cidbass

cidbass

Yeah, this would piss me off too. I agree uOpt - as I've noticed a similar trend in the Southeast. I've noticed too that a lot of offices and non-retail businesses close early on Fridays now. It seems to be a trend, maybe it's due to the slow economy, but it drives me crazy when I call at 2PM on a Friday and no one is there to answer the phone.
  5. oenomaus

oenomaus

That sucks, I feel your pain. The bass lounge at the new Sam Ash on 34st has a streamer in p/j configuration that's pretty sweet if your are around Sunday. The custom shop is awesome though. Sorry to hear that you missed it.
  6. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    BoomBoomOGTL - Please accept our sincere apologies! The person who was to be at the shop on Saturday came down with the flu, and our store manager had to come in from Long Island on late notice. As such, the store was opened late and we missed you. Normally we are open EVERY Saturday, usually for longer than the posted hours - and we are sorry that we weren't there for you. I hope you understand, and again - we are sorry that we missed you. Thanks!
  7. BoomBoomOGTL

BoomBoomOGTL Supporting Member

Thanks Warwick Official. I was never angry, just disappointed, being I dragged my wife 20 blocks in 25 degree weather to find it closed. Yet she found refuge in a vintage jewelry shop next door and came out w/some prizes while I drooled on the Custom Shops' window looking in at all the basses I couldn't get to...

If anyone wants to make it up to me <hint, hint>, they can cut me a sweet deal on a $$ TRC since that's one of the items I was specifically after that day... ;)
  8. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick &amp; Framus Social Media
    Thanks for understanding, and again - very sorry you weren't able to check out the shop. Glad to hear something nice came out of it for your wife! Thanks again!
  9. rockchalkbass

rockchalkbass

It is kind of like driving cross country with the family only to find Wallyworld is closed for refurbishments. Glad you didn't resort to taking the Warwick security guard hostage at BBgun-point.
  10. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick &amp; Framus Social Media
    Is THAT where our security guard went??? LOL....